Hall of Fame MLB Manager Dick Williams Dies

How can you mention Dick Wiliams and not mention the '67 red Sox.

How can you mention Dick Wiliams and not mention the '67 red Sox.

Because I'm only "so old." I was only 11 or 12 when I decided I liked sports,& that was the year before the Oakland A's won their first World Series(in Oakland) against the Cincinnati Reds.
1967,I was too young to care.

Because I'm only "so old." I was only 11 or 12 when I decided I liked sports,& that was the year before the Oakland A's won their first World Series(in Oakland) against the Cincinnati Reds.
1967,I was too young to care.

I feel sorry for you. It was a hell of a season they were the only team to go from 9th place to first in a single season---- and a hell o fa World Series even if they did not win.

Most of all though I feel bad for the family.

I was only one during the Impossible Dream season, but thank you Dick for helping baseball be relevant again in New England!

RIP

I feel sorry for you. It was a hell of a season they were the only team to go from 9th place to first in a single season---- and a hell o fa World Series even if they did not win.

Most of all though I feel bad for the family.

If my father was still alive,I'm sure he'd remember. For some reason,when I was in the 6th grade,it all just kicked in & I started liking sports. At that time Dick Williams was the A's manager.

I didn't see this news when it happened, so I'm glad that it was bumped up. I went to the '72 World Series in Oakland (the three middle-of-the-week games) against the Reds when Dick Williams was managing. I had to drive 90 miles round trip each day from Monterey, but it was worth it.

I was happy when he took the Padres job. That's when the team became respectable, and went to the World Series in 1984.

R.I.P.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)