Hallmark Drama HD coming to dish?

Does anyone use an Echo Dot to control your receiver? Every time I say "Alexa, channel 186 on Dish" Alexa identifies the channel as "National Geographic USA" and says the name of the program airing on National Geographic. I would just be satisfied if Alexa would consistently identify this channel correctly as Hallmark Drama, instead of giving outdated information. (Similarly, try "Alexa, channel 245 on Dish." I am also tired of Alexa identifying that channel as Fido TV, instead of BUZZR.)

Reactions: MikeD-C05
If you want to see the movies in HD watch them on Pixl and the regular Hallmark channel, same movies. If you want to watch the series shows watch them in HD on UP, same shows. I still haven't figured out the purpose of this "new" channel of repeats.
Unfortunately, Pixl is more $$$

Pixl is included in most packages that include Hallmark.
Maybe most, but apparently not all...... I have all 3 Hallmarks, but to get Pixl, I believe it's the "Heartland" package maybe? At any rate, I definitely do not have Pixl. Maybe it was some sort of "grandfathered" thing?

Maybe most, but apparently not all...... I have all 3 Hallmarks, but to get Pixl, I believe it's the "Heartland" package maybe? At any rate, I definitely do not have Pixl. Maybe it was some sort of "grandfathered" thing?
PIXL is in Heartland, Dish Movie Pack, and Flex Pack (the base package, no add-ons required)

Reactions: TheKrell
PIXL is in Heartland, Dish Movie Pack, and Flex Pack (the base package, no add-ons required)
I'm not actually sure how or why I have the 3 Hallmark Channels - I thought they were also part of the "Heartland" Package. But I definitely don't have "PixL" (except for a "free preview" a little while back.

As far as the HD thing goes - I had a free trial of "PS Vue" a few weeks ago (all 3 Hallmarks in the package I tried) but I can't remember if the Drama channel was in HD or not.

I'm not actually sure how or why I have the 3 Hallmark Channels - I thought they were also part of the "Heartland" Package. But I definitely don't have "PixL" (except for a "free preview" a little while back.
Here is the page for Heartland from the mydish site, so if you have that package, you should definitely have PixL:
Heartland | Specialty Channels | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support

Here is the page for PixL, which interestingly lists only Dish Movie Pack and Heartland for that channel, but not Flex Pack:
PixL (PIXL) on DISH | MyDISH Station Details

Here is the page for Flex Pack, which shows PixL as part of that package:
Flex Pack | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support

Reactions: xfoneguy
Here is the page for Heartland from the mydish site, so if you have that package, you should definitely have PixL:
Heartland | Specialty Channels | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support

Here is the page for PixL, which interestingly lists only Dish Movie Pack and Heartland for that channel, but not Flex Pack:
PixL (PIXL) on DISH | MyDISH Station Details

Here is the page for Flex Pack, which shows PixL as part of that package:
Flex Pack | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support
Thanks - guess i should see what I actually have!
Just looked it up and I have locals plus "America's Top 250". Now I'll have to look that one up to see what it's supposed to include as far as Hallmark and PixL....... looks like the 3 Hallmarks are included with Top 200 and Top 250. I only see PixL in Heartland and Flexpack..... that website is so confusing

Last edited:
Reactions: pattykay
As far as the HD thing goes - I had a free trial of "PS Vue" a few weeks ago (all 3 Hallmarks in the package I tried) but I can't remember if the Drama channel was in HD or not.
Wait, Drama? As opposed to the Hallmark Action Film channel?

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)