Hallmark Movie Channel HD Banner?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sudnshok

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 27, 2007
So, I've tuned to this channel a couple of times to check it out since it went live. Is the channel logo on the screen all the time (I haven't watched a full movie yet)? That thing is huge and solid white - it could be the most obnoxious banner yet and will certainly burn into the screen throughout an entire 2hr movie.

So, I've tuned to this channel a couple of times to check it out since it went live. Is the channel logo on the screen all the time (I haven't watched a full movie yet)? That thing is huge and solid white - it could be the most obnoxious banner yet and will certainly burn into the screen throughout an entire 2hr movie.

Where is Hallmark Movies at ?

I don't think you have burn in too often anymore.
I notice that Hallmark on 312 has this same type of logo.
No mention of it being in HD though.

edit:
I found it, it's up in the 500's .... 560, can't help as I don't get the channel.
Is it part of the HD Extra pack ?

Weird, I noticed today MSNBC was starting to show recording as having HD so came here to see what was up. Saw this post and got curious and went to look. The channel shows but its grey and say may not be subscribed. I have HD and pay for the extra pkg so what pkg do I need to own to get this channel?

EDIT: I went to dbl check and it is listed as part of the HD-Extra pack and all my other channels from it show and play just fine. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong or how I can fix this?

EDIT 2: HEHE, well I called DTV and the automated system had me turn to the channel, then it checked something and poof, the channels started working. What was on was still a movie in 4x3 but its coming in now. I can see what the OP meant that is a big annoying watermark which will probably detour me from watching it too much. On a side note since I use a customized list of favorites is there a thread to follow so I can know to add channels as they become available? I thought when a new channel was added it was automatically added to all the fav setups initially so you knew about em but apparently thats not the case.

Thanks in advance
J

Last edited:
On a side note since I use a customized list of favorites is there a thread to follow so I can know to add channels as they become available? I thought when a new channel was added it was automatically added to all the fav setups initially so you knew about em but apparently thats not the case.
I use a custom list too and thought new additions would be added but apparently not. I personally used the Wikipedia page to find out the channel numbers:
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_DirecTV_channels_%28United_States%29[/ame]

I still have to watch out for logo burn-in, as I am using a rear projection CRT set. So I purposefully reduce my viewing of channels that have bright logos.

I've been careful with my set. Next month it turns 6 years old and not a sign of burn-in yet.

I still have to watch out for logo burn-in, as I am using a rear projection CRT set. So I purposefully reduce my viewing of channels that have bright logos.

I've been careful with my set. Next month it turns 6 years old and not a sign of burn-in yet.

I agree the logo is large, white and obnoxious. I just checked and there seem to be commercials during the movies without the logo.

What ch. number is Hallmark Movie Ch.? Is that the one that's on the family package only? Been looking for it but can't find it!

Weird, I noticed today MSNBC was starting to show recording as having HD so came here to see what was up. Saw this post and got curious and went to look. The channel shows but its grey and say may not be subscribed. I have HD and pay for the extra pkg so what pkg do I need to own to get this channel?

EDIT: I went to dbl check and it is listed as part of the HD-Extra pack and all my other channels from it show and play just fine. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong or how I can fix this?

EDIT 2: HEHE, well I called DTV and the automated system had me turn to the channel, then it checked something and poof, the channels started working. What was on was still a movie in 4x3 but its coming in now. I can see what the OP meant that is a big annoying watermark which will probably detour me from watching it too much. On a side note since I use a customized list of favorites is there a thread to follow so I can know to add channels as they become available? I thought when a new channel was added it was automatically added to all the fav setups initially so you knew about em but apparently thats not the case.

Thanks in advance
J
i had this problem also, go to directv website logonto your account and click on your receiver and hit refresh button .

can you please give more specific step instructions, I don't see that option to refresh receiver. You mean under my account?

I still have one of those too. I used to be really careful with it, but not so much anymore. The thing that worries me is the crawl at the bottom on ESPN, etc. It never goes away. I have a DLP as well but the CRT still has the best picture.

I still have one of those too. I used to be really careful with it, but not so much anymore. The thing that worries me is the crawl at the bottom on ESPN, etc. It never goes away. I have a DLP as well but the CRT still has the best picture.

Joe,
The crawl probably won't be an issue, more than likely it would be the stationary logo that would be an issue.
The crawl is actually moving, so it would not be a problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts