Please reply by conversation.

talljoel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
I think this is so good it should have its own topic

Espressoman said:

Found a slick deal that basically netted me MLB EI for free:

DirecTv MLB Extra Innings + Choice Xtra + Showtime and Starz for $59.95 for first 3 months. Continue with Choice Xtra and MLB for rest of season for $63.99 per month. - SlickDeals.net Forums

-------------------------------------------------------------------

It is true. I clicked the above link, Called the phone number. Spoke with Anthony. I added Showtime and Starz for 3 months and he entire MLB Package for 2010 - and my monthly bill has decreased by $9.00 for the next 6 months.

I checked my account and the programming changes have been made with the proper credits to my account.

I then called the regular Directv phone number to verify the changes and discounts arranged by Anthony are correct and would not be canceled. I was told - Yes. I have Showtime, Starz and the MLB Package with the monthly price arranged by Anthony.

This deal can not be made by calling the standard Directv phone number. Call 1-888-814-7419.

Sounds like the new customer offer they have now, buy MLB ($60 for 3 months is about right) and get your base package free for three months, and the startz/showtime is a toss-in.

Certainely a good deal if you can get it. I'm sure it will be limited to individual account history. Reading the slickdeal thread this sounds like something they are calling a select group of customers offering. You can certainely try, good luck.

Glad you got the deal, too, Talljoel. It's a pretty sweet deal, and I've only had DirecTV for a little more than a year.

I'm hoping that by watching all these games I can finally have a decent fantasy baseball team this year. Hah.

Thank you, Espressoman. If it wasn't for your hands up on this great deal I probably would have accepted Directv's offer of the MLB Package for $199.96 with 3 free months of Showtime.

I have been a Directv customer since Feb. 2009. So, it appears that the requirements for what appears to be MLB Package for free and 3 free months of Showtime and Starz are not very difficult to satisfy.

Good luck with your fantasy league.

Sounds like they screwed up.... for that offer you account has to be flagged for it to meet certian criteria.

its a great deal just dont get upset if they tell you no.

Sounds like they screwed up.... for that offer you account has to be flagged for it to meet certian criteria.

its a great deal just dont get upset if they tell you no.

Hope not, Stonecold. I received this e-mail from Directv: [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This email confirms the requested change to your DIRECTV service has been made. Please keep a copy of this email for your records.

My account shows I have Showtime, Starz and MLB Package. Recent activity on my account has a $63.99 credit for Choice Xtra - 3 month Discount with MLB. A $24.00 credit for HBO, Starz, Showtime, Cinemax - 3 Mo Pick 2/OBTMLB.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Directv made an offer which I accepted. If Directv cancels this deal I will contact the Illinois Attorney General.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Hope not, Stonecold. I received this e-mail from Directv: [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This email confirms the requested change to your DIRECTV service has been made. Please keep a copy of this email for your records.

My account shows I have Showtime, Starz and MLB Package. Recent activity on my account has a $63.99 credit for Choice Xtra - 3 month Discount with MLB. A $24.00 credit for HBO, Starz, Showtime, Cinemax - 3 Mo Pick 2/OBTMLB.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Directv made an offer which I accepted. If Directv cancels this deal I will contact the Illinois Attorney General.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

That was ment for other people Talljoel. you got it but say xyz person calls and they say no ... just saying it wont be a yes for everyone else.

That was ment for other people Talljoel. you got it but say xyz person calls and they say no ... just saying it wont be a yes for everyone else.

Understood. Now i can rest a little easier.

Thank you for all the great info you are always providing.

This works gang, just called the number and it took about 2 minutes to get setup. REALLY GOOD DEAL

How does all this work? If I can somehow call up and get this deal, I would. I have 1 HD DVR, and 2 standard set top boxes. Our current package is Choice Xtra. Were paying around $100 a month for everything (package, HD, DVR, and 2 other set top boxes). If we called up and wanted to get this deal, I wonder how much it would all be. It sounds too good to be true (especially for current customers). If someone can explain this all in detail, it would be much appreciated. What happens after the deal is over? Are you obligated to keep Starz and Showtime or can you just downgrade to what you had before the switchover to this deal?

How does all this work? If I can somehow call up and get this deal, I would. I have 1 HD DVR, and 2 standard set top boxes. Our current package is Choice Xtra. Were paying around $100 a month for everything (package, HD, DVR, and 2 other set top boxes). If we called up and wanted to get this deal, I wonder how much it would all be. It sounds too good to be true (especially for current customers). If someone can explain this all in detail, it would be much appreciated. What happens after the deal is over? Are you obligated to keep Starz and Showtime or can you just downgrade to what you had before the switchover to this deal?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have Choice Extra with one HD-DVR. I already have HBO and Cinemax.

The following credits have been applied to my account:

A) CHOICE XTRA - 3moDiscwithMLB ($63.99)

B) HBO, STARZ!, SHOWTIME, & CINEMAX 3MoPick2/OBTMLB - ($24.00)

There will be 3 monthly payments for MLB Extra Innings of $59.99

My bill for the next 3 months should be reduced by $4.00. Maybe even more because now I have four premium channels.

Showtime and Starz can be dropped after 3 months with no downgrade fee.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have Choice Extra with one HD-DVR. I already have HBO and Cinemax.

My bill for the next 3 months should be reduced by $4.00. Maybe even more because now I have four premium channels.

Showtime and Starz can be dropped after 3 months with no downgrade fee.

There's never a downgrade fee. :)

So all you do is call up and ask for this deal and if you get lucky and talk to the right person they will do this for you? I can see this with new customers, but what about current customers who have been with them almost 2 years?

If I did this, can someone give me a ball park estimate on how much everything would cost with this Choice Xtra deal + MLB EI + Showtime and Stars (w/ 1 HD DVR and 2 standard set top boxes).

So all you do is call up and ask for this deal and if you get lucky and talk to the right person they will do this for you? I can see this with new customers, but what about current customers who have been with them almost 2 years?

If I did this, can someone give me a ball park estimate on how much everything would cost with this Choice Xtra deal + MLB EI + Showtime and Stars (w/ 1 HD DVR and 2 standard set top boxes).

I think the previous posts in this tread have answered your questions.
?
Expressoman previously wrote, “it’s a pretty sweet deal, and I've only had DirecTV for a little more than a year.”

I previously wrote, “I have been a DirecTv customer since Feb. 2009.”
?
Jason previously wrote, “buy MLB ($60 for 3 months is about right) and get your base package free for three months, and the startz/showtime is a toss-in.”

I also previously wrote:

“I have Choice Extra with one HD-DVR. I already have HBO and Cinemax.

Showtime and Starz can be dropped after 3 months with no downgrade fee

Seams to me you just can not believe what we are saying because it sounds to good to be true. I found it hard to be believe also. That is why I named this thread “ Unbelievable MLB Package Deal”

All I can suggest is that you call 1-888-814-7419. Talk to the agent. If you are satisfied with the answerers you receive - make the deal.

I tried he looked up my account and said I was not eligible. He asked me who called and told me about the deal I just said directv. not sure if I should try again later? think it will work?

I do not what the minimum requirement is to get the deal. I have been with DirecTv about 14 months.

I told the agent I found out about the promotion on the internet.

He looked up my account - I qualified.

I got this deal about 3 weeks ago.
They gave me another HD DVR for my 3rd room at no charge. Now I have 3 HD DVR units.
They gave me showtime for 3 months. Didn't really want it but got it anyway.
They gave me one year of credits of $20 a month . $240 total.
I did pay the renewal price over 6 months of payments for MLB EI but with the credits it was free.

Last edited:
For those that received this deal, did you see the channels and your account updated instantly or did it take some time to see them ? I called about 30 minutes ago, they explained it to me and said I didn't have to hold, that it would be taken care of and that I would see the various charges and credits on my account. Yet, I just checked and don't see any changes on my account or any channels (Starz, Showtime) added yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)