Unbelievable MLB Package Deal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Whoa! I went on the DirecTV website and logged into my account. I went under Account Overview and to 'Recent Activity'. It shows something with MLB. This is what it shows exactly.

04/12/2010 XXXXXXXX**** STARZ and SHOWTIME - 3MoPick2/OBTMLB ($24.00) $0.00

04/12/2010 XXXXXXXX**** CHOICE XTRA - 3moDiscwithMLB ($63.99) $0.00

Then there is a bunch of other stuff such as 'HD Access - Disconnect Adj' and a bunch of other stuff. Now, the person I talked to said I was not eligible for this deal, but now I am getting all the MLB, Showtime, and Starz channels? This is weird, yet exciting. I just hope they aren't charging me full price for everything.

Whoa! I went on the DirecTV website and logged into my account. I went under Account Overview and to 'Recent Activity'. It shows something with MLB. This is what it shows exactly.

04/12/2010 XXXXXXXX**** STARZ and SHOWTIME - 3MoPick2/OBTMLB ($24.00) $0.00

04/12/2010 XXXXXXXX**** CHOICE XTRA - 3moDiscwithMLB ($63.99) $0.00

Then there is a bunch of other stuff such as 'HD Access - Disconnect Adj' and a bunch of other stuff. Now, the person I talked to said I was not eligible for this deal, but now I am getting all the MLB, Showtime, and Starz channels? This is weird, yet exciting. I just hope they aren't charging me full price for everything.
This is exactly how mine shows up, and in about 6 more hours it will reflect under your My programming section, and your balance will re ajust as well, Mine went down $15 after the change.

He is what my recent Activity looks like,
  • 04/12/2010XXXXXXXX0567STARZ and SHOWTIME - 3MoPick2/OBTMLB ($24.00)ta:mad:$1.44)
  • 04/12/2010XXXXXXXX5508CHOICE XTRA - 3moDiscwithMLB ($63.99)ta:mad:$3.84)
  • 04/12/2010XXXXXXXX4654CHOICE ULTIMATE - Disconnect Adj ($52.89) ta:mad:$3.17)
  • 04/12/2010XXXXXXXX4654CHOICE XTRA - Charge $49.06 tax$2.94
  • 04/12/2010XXXXXXXX4654MLB EXTRA INNINGS - Charge $0.00 tax$0.00
  • 04/12/2010XXXXXXXX4654STARZ and SHOWTIME - Charge $18.40 tax$1.10
  • 04/12/2010XXXXXXXX4654MLB EXTRA INNINGS 2010 - Charge $59.99 tax$3.60

Last edited:
This is exactly how mine shows up, and in about 6 more hours it will reflect under your My programming section, and your balance will re ajust as well, Mine went down $15 after the change.
Wow! This is awesome if this is really happening. Thanks to everyone here (especially the thread starter) for mentioning this deal. If I knew any of you in person I would buy you a beer.

Wow! This is awesome if this is really happening. Thanks to everyone here (especially the thread starter) for mentioning this deal. If I knew any of you in person I would buy you a beer.

DJ - Glad you got the deal.

If it wasn’t for Espressoman I wouldn’t have known about this crazy deal.

That what is great about this website. People helping each other by sharing information and expertise.

DJ - Glad you got the deal.

If it wasn’t for Espressoman I wouldn’t have known about this crazy deal.

That what is great about this website. People helping each other by sharing information and expertise.
Yes indeed. Websites like these are awesome. I have probably saved thousands over the years just from websites like this.

I told my dad about this deal, he's been a customer since the 90's, and he always gets the MLB package. He called up and got the deal and his bill went down. Thanks a bunch for posting this. I wish I could do this too, stuck in a dish contract with sd locals and part time rsn's. Ugh

Well, I have tried three times for this, and three different ways. It seems that the "mistake" has been fixed. Lol. The guy yesterday tried to play dumb, and then finally told me that this was my third call, haha. I wasnt sure they were keeping up with it.

From what the first 2 CSRs told me, since I had already had a promotion this year (true), I was not able to get this one. How accurate that is I do not know.

In any case, glad for those of you that got it. I just hope they run something like it during football season!

Easy as 1-2-3. Called up and took about a minute. The rep answered the phone by saying hello and that's it. I said I was calling about the mlb promo and then she started talking about the deal. After that she then asked me for my phone number and that's it.

Easy as 1-2-3. Called up and took about a minute. The rep answered the phone by saying hello and that's it. I said I was calling about the mlb promo and then she started talking about the deal. After that she then asked me for my phone number and that's it.

That is basically the same as it went for me, until they checked my past promos.

I wonder by getting this deal if it will screw me over for Sunday Ticket. I signed up with DirecTV when they had the NFL and Premiere promo. Last year I also got a nice deal on ST. Since I got this MLB deal, I'm afraid they won't want to give me a deal on ST this year. Yikes!

I wonder by getting this deal if it will screw me over for Sunday Ticket. I signed up with DirecTV when they had the NFL and Premiere promo. Last year I also got a nice deal on ST. Since I got this MLB deal, I'm afraid they won't want to give me a deal on ST this year. Yikes!

That's why I decided to pass on calling for an EI deal. I need a ST deal far more each year since that price is very high without a deal. I may have been able to get both deals but didn't want to chance it.

Won the lottery. Oh, I have to pay taxes on my winnings.

Won a new car. Oh, someone will open their car door and put a dent in my car.

Got $260.00 worth of free programming and my bill was reduced. Oh, I may not get a deal in the future.

Look at this way. You do not take the baseball deal because you are afraid than you will not get the football deal. Fall comes and DirecTV does not give you a Sunday Ticket deal. Now, that would be screwed.

Enjoy the free baseball, Showtime and Starz. The future will take care of itself.

P.S. I am also guilty of looking for the negative in a positive.

Won the lottery. Oh, I have to pay taxes on my winnings.

Won a new car. Oh, someone will open their car door and put a dent in my car.

Got $260.00 worth of free programming and my bill was reduced. Oh, I may not get a deal in the future.

Look at this way. You do not take the baseball deal because you are afraid than you will not get the football deal. Fall comes and DirecTV does not give you a Sunday Ticket deal. Now, that would be screwed.

Enjoy the free baseball, Showtime and Starz. The future will take care of itself.

P.S. I am also guilty of looking for the negative in a positive.
Yeah, I always find negatives. I am just really weary of a lot of stuff. Hopefully I can get the Sunday Ticket deal. Last year they gave us like $25 off a month on it which reduced the price quite a bit.

Talked to a Rep. this morning, she ask how I heard about this deal. I told her I read about it on the internet. She said she would check and see if I could get the package. She called me back in about 15 min. and said it was all set and ready to go and it reduced my bill by $6. Hard to beat that kind of deal.

Thanks for the heads-up guys.

Now I get to watch the Indians play, I sure hope they improve!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)