Unbelievable MLB Package Deal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
For those that received this deal, did you see the channels and your account updated instantly or did it take some time to see them ? I called about 30 minutes ago, they explained it to me and said I didn't have to hold, that it would be taken care of and that I would see the various charges and credits on my account. Yet, I just checked and don't see any changes on my account or any channels (Starz, Showtime) added yet.

Disregard previous post, I see the channels now, question is answered.

I’m glad I got this deal. But, I wonder what is going on.

Why is DirecTv giving this deal to existing customers?

Why is this deal not available when calling the main DirecTv phone number?

I called 1-888-7419. No negotiating. No haggling. I say I’m interested in the MLB - Showtime - Cinemax deal. The CSR asks for my phone number. Twenty seconds latter I have the deal.

What is the criteria to get the deal?

Can it be length of time with DirecTv? I have only been a DirecTv customer for 14 months.

Stonecold said it sounds like DirecTV screwed up. If that is true it is a massive screw up because apparently a lot of people are getting this deal

Maybe, I shouln't these questions. Just be happy I got the deal - and keep my mouth shut. LOL

Why is DirecTv giving this deal to existing customers?

Why is this deal not available when calling the main DirecTv phone number?

Hah. DirecTV always has deals and retention things going on. I think this was a deal they were offering to current customers for retention. It's just that someone on Slick Deals, who was called directly by DirecTV, posted the number that showed up on their caller ID. The numbers probably route to different customer reps to handle specific promos or deals. For example, there is a special 800 number to call for the AAA deal with DirecTV.

talljoe, sorry if you got the impression that you thought that I thought you were lying. I didn't think that at all. I just want to know all the information beforehand so I can call and get the deal. I am afraid of them messing up my bill somehow. I will go ahead and call and see if they can give me this deal. I do not know really what to say though. Should I just tell them that I found this deal on the internet?

talljoe, sorry if you got the impression that you thought that I thought you were lying. I didn't think that at all. I just want to know all the information beforehand so I can call and get the deal. I am afraid of them messing up my bill somehow. I will go ahead and call and see if they can give me this deal. I do not know really what to say though. Should I just tell them that I found this deal on the internet?

DJ, I did not think you were calling me a liar.

I was just frustrated because I thought the previous posts already answered your questions.

I told the agent I found out about the deal on the internet. He did not seem to care how I knew about it.

The MLB Extra Innings , Showtime and Starz were added to by account 4/8. My billing date is 4/11. I should be able to view my new statement online today or tomorrow. Then I can let you know exactly how much I paid Directv in March and how much I paid them in April. I due expect by April bill to be larger because March 18 I added HBO/Cinemax.

I called, I've been with directv about 18 months but I didn't qualify for the deal (don't know why) but they told me they would put me in a database (waiting list?) to get the deal.

??

MLB Extra Innings

Hah. DirecTV always has deals and retention things going on. I think this was a deal they were offering to current customers for retention. It's just that someone on Slick Deals, who was called directly by DirecTV, posted the number that showed up on their caller ID. The numbers probably route to different customer reps to handle specific promos or deals. For example, there is a special 800 number to call for the AAA deal with DirecTV.

Based on what I heard for the individual I spoke with he made it sound that this was for customers that have the "Choice Select" package (not 100 percent sure that was what it was called, but pretty sure). The goal of D* is to get these people to switch over to Choice Extra package by offering them the MLB EI for the '10 season + 3 mths free Starz and Showtime. Apparently according to the person I spoke with at the call center the Choice Select package is an old package that is no longer offered, but there are still customers that have it "grandfathered". From my understanding this offer is intended only for those customers that have thi Choice Select package and not for others, but, it sounds like from reading this thread that others are getting it offered to them anyway, but it appears somewhat random since I am reading about some callers that are being denied.

DJ, I did not think you were calling me a liar.

I was just frustrated because I thought the previous posts already answered your questions.

I told the agent I found out about the deal on the internet. He did not seem to care how I knew about it.

The MLB Extra Innings , Showtime and Starz were added to by account 4/8. My billing date is 4/11. I should be able to view my new statement online today or tomorrow. Then I can let you know exactly how much I paid Directv in March and how much I paid them in April. I due expect by April bill to be larger because March 18 I added HBO/Cinemax.
Cool and thanks. I will give them a call tomorrow and see if I can somehow get this deal. Its definitely worth a shot. If I don't get the deal then its not the end of the world I guess.

Cool and thanks. I will give them a call tomorrow and see if I can somehow get this deal. Its definitely worth a shot. If I don't get the deal then its not the end of the world I guess.

DJ:

Deducting from my April 11th bill the charge for HBO / Cinemax for the period March 14 - May 9 results in a bill of $54.06

March 11th bill was $56.98.

If my math is correct getting the MLB Extra Innings, Showtime, Cinemax deal resulted in a monthly saving of $2.92.

That was so easy. The phone call took 2 minutes. And all was added, and my account activites Showed the discounts, But my programming in My Account hasn't changed.
Why is that I wonder?

Wow, that is why I love this site. Called this morning, wife is happy to get Showtime back and I'm thrilled with the deal. Girl, Angie, was super nice and I let her know I wasn't worried if I didn't get the deal but figured I'd check.

They told me no because I was already under a promotion, which I was not under and he basically called me a liar. He said I have 2 for 1 HBO/Cinemax and I am paying $26 for them.

He said I have 2 for 1 HBO/Cinemax and I am paying $26 for them.
You should be getting a Credit back at the end of your billing cycle for $11.

I took the MLB deal, then called D* again to confirm the changes, and they also offered me the HBO cinemax deal for $14.99 per month for 3 months, I said No.

I just called and no luck. They said this promotion is for outbound calls only. To me, something is shady here because its pretty obvious from reading this thread that this deal is not only outbound calls since many people here have called in to get this deal. Its just kind of unclear who can get this vs. who can't and it does not seem like there is any criteria or guidelines for this.

They said they would put my information down and have someone call me back if this deal is eligible. Any ideas on whether this is outsourced or not?

They may be fixing the error. Like stonecold said, it is targeted for certain customers that Directv calls. Could be they simply realized what was happening and are fixing it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)