Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Hallmark to Launch HD Movie Channel

The channel is expected next year.
By Swanni

Washington, D.C. (August 8, 2007) -- The family-oriented Hallmark Channel says it will launch a High-Definition network for movies next year.

The channel's parent company, Crown Media Holdings, made the disclosure today in its second quarter earnings report.

The company will launch Hallmark Movie Channel HD in the first quarter of 2008. The channel will be a high-def simulcast of the company's Hallmark Movie Channel.

"This launch is in direct response to the growing demand for family-friendly content on television today," said Crown CEO Henry Schleiff. "Once again the Hallmark brand delivers the very best in high-quality entertainment for families and offers distribution partners and advertisers an outlet to reach their consumers where they know they are spending time."
The high-def channel will feature a Hallmark Hall of Fame-branded Friday night movie, Saturday premieres and a quarterly event, kicking off with David Carradine starring in Son of the Dragon.

Crown says Hallmark has more than 30 original "family-friendly" movies in production or development for next year.

There was no word on which TV providers will carry the new high-def channel.

Great!! My grandmother and the rest of the nursing home will be ecstatic! Seriously, I'm in my 30's and I remember the Hallmark channel playing hours of endless Highway to Heaven and Dr Quinn
wall.gif

Hopefully, they've opened up their target demo a little for us youngsters :D

Great!! My grandmother and the rest of the nursing home will be ecstatic! Seriously, I'm in my 30's and I remember the Hallmark channel playing hours of endless Highway to Heaven and Dr Quinn
wall.gif

Hopefully, they've opened up their target demo a little for us youngsters :D
Oh boy ,I hope they aren't going to play that crap. :(

Probably for awhile. Then they will add new crap to the old crap. So then it will be one big pile of crap. Well... my mom liked Hallmark so I should be nice :D