Not open for further replies.

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Threat of rain, some drizzle off and on. 45 minutes left, only 18 have appeared. Swine flu fears?

We bought boxes of Chick-O-Sticks to pass out, as an unusual treat. Next year I think we'll pass out glow sticks or some other non-food treat. Or maybe some mellow aged Chick-O-Sticks.

So what are you guys passing out, and are you getting visitors?

About 10 mins to go, 41 so far. Gotten quiet again.

Thinking of doing a reverse Halloween- going door to door, telling people to take our candy.

We've had 7 all night. 3 Musketeers. I only bought 1 bag because I can't resist the stuff and last year we had 0 treaters.

Just starting here and it's pretty quiet. You can freeze the Chick-O-Sticks. thaw them out next year and see if there are any takers.... :)

I like the Treat or Trick idea!

50 by 8, when it's supposed to end, and a total of 64, after we turned off the lights! Last ones, around 9:30.

2 boxes of chick o sticks (thanks, I think we will try freezing), and 2 boxes of long boys left over (wife will eat, last one I ate removed a crown).

Disappointing. I hope this tradition isn't ending. But I couldn't handle 300. That would have required a quick trip to the nearby Giant.

I expect BIG sales on candy tomorrow. Although, it looks like most stores have removed their Halloween candy displays by today.

Yea whats up with that?? Trick or Treating only allowed from 6 - 8pm...man this dominion stuff is for the birds.

We had a total of two doorbell rings for a total of four little ones.... Very, very slow this year, last year and the year before. I think the tradition is coming to a close.

Had 3 kids total.

Our city is basically down to 3 types of people

Singles
Older people who have lived there for 30+ years and kids are adults
Gays

We don't have too many families with kids anymore.

Had 3 kids total.

Our city is basically down to 3 types of people

Singles
Older people who have lived there for 30+ years and kids are adults
Gays

We don't have too many families with kids anymore.

That's what my neighborhood is all about. All the kids grew up and none of them can afford to buy or rent here. We're mostly old farts....

Took the kids out, and there were lots of ToTr's around our neighborhood. We were out til 7:30, so not sure how many we missed at our house, but we had them coming until 9:00.

Status
Not open for further replies.