Halo on Paramount +

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
I just checked out the new sci fi TV show and it's looked really good on this first episode started last Thursday.

Based on the original PC game series and into live action TV shows.

Somewhere around early to almost to settle down star traveling Civilization age level "think of around 150 to 250 years after breaking of light speed barrier time period."

Lots of actions on a good R rated TV flick!:cool::hungry

Has anyone else watched the Halo yet?:hatsoff

Has anyone else watched the Halo yet?:hatsoff
Waiting till it is done, then binge it as I do all my shows.

But Paramount+ is quickly becoming one of my favorite streaming services now that are putting on so much original programming finally.

Reactions: N5XZS
I’ll start with the disclosure that I don’t play video games. I’m not sure who the Good Guys are. A “Star Troopers” vibe, maybe.

Reactions: reubenray and Jimbo
Lots of actions on a good R rated TV flick!:cool::hungry
Yeah, R rated due to the gruesome violence. So, if you're familiar with the video game, what's the idea of the human-looking lady on Covenant?
I’ll start with the disclosure that I don’t play video games. I’m not sure who the Good Guys are. A “Star Troopers” vibe, maybe.
I don't either, but I just watched it anyhow on the recommendation above . Blood, gore, enemies, and intrigue everywhere, even among humans.

I have to say I don't have a lot of faith in it. What is up with all these productions written by a staff that has never played the source material lately?

Attachments

• Halo TV.jpg
    Halo TV.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 85
I remember watching a “Halo”-inspired mini-series on Netflix (or one of the other non-Mouse-based streaming services) but the name escapes me and IMDB surfaces two mini-series that don’t sound familiar. I thought it was “Halo: Red vs. Blue” but that isn’t coming up with anything.

I remember watching a “Halo”-inspired mini-series on Netflix (or one of the other non-Mouse-based streaming services) but the name escapes me and IMDB surfaces two mini-series that don’t sound familiar. I thought it was “Halo: Red vs. Blue” but that isn’t coming up with anything.
You might be thinking of Outside the Wire or Altered Carbon.

Second episode was disappointing on every level, especially the "roller coaster".

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I was able to stream the first two shows of this and we liked it. What resolution is this showing? I tried to get my HDTV to show it, but it would not. Being the kiddies with their gadgets where in school I only had two interruptions while streaming it.

I have never played the game, so I know nothing about it. Is Halo a person or a group?

I was able to stream the first two shows of this and we liked it. What resolution is this showing? I tried to get my HDTV to show it, but it would not. Being the kiddies with their gadgets where in school I only had two interruptions while streaming it.

I have never played the game, so I know nothing about it. Is Halo a person or a group?
This will answer your question-

Which video streaming formats are supported?
If you’re a Premium subscriber, you can watch shows in 4K, Dolby Vision or HDR10 video formats on supported devices below that are connected to a 4K/DV/HDR10 capable TV.

• Select Roku models*
  • Amazon Fire TV (4K Stick, Cube)
  • Android TV
  • Apple TV 4K HDR (5th Gen)

Reactions: Foxbat
Watched the first two episodes this weekend and so far I'm impressed. Excellent production values and the story is better than expected (I have very low expectations when it comes to video game adaptations). I'm a Playstation gamer, so I don't know that much about the Halo series, but it's definitely the kind of game I would play. I haven't had any difficulty following what's going on, though I'm sure I'm missing Easter eggs.

This will answer your question-

Which video streaming formats are supported?
If you’re a Premium subscriber, you can watch shows in 4K, Dolby Vision or HDR10 video formats on supported devices below that are connected to a 4K/DV/HDR10 capable TV.

• Select Roku models*
  • Amazon Fire TV (4K Stick, Cube)
  • Android TV
  • Apple TV 4K HDR (5th Gen)
My seven year old Sony HDTV was the source and I have the premium programming package. It is 4K and it is supposed to be HDR capable.

My seven year old Sony HDTV was the source and I have the premium programming package. It is 4K and it is supposed to be HDR capable.
That has nothing to do with it, it is how the app is written, your Television is, unfortunately, too old now, you would be better off to get a Roku Ultra or Apple TV if you want to receive the 4K signal.

As your TV ages, more and more apps will have problems, it is the times we live in.

I also just read, if you want Atmos from P+, you have to use a Apple TV.

My new Sony, A90J, gets 4K/DV but not Atmos from P+, just DD+, but I get Atmos from the other services, Netflix, Vudu, etc.

That has nothing to do with it, it is how the app is written, your Television is, unfortunately, too old now, you would be better off to get a Roku Ultra or Apple TV if you want to receive the 4K signal.

As your TV ages, more and more apps will have problems, it is the times we live in.

I also just read, if you want Atmos from P+, you have to use a Apple TV.

My new Sony, A90J, gets 4K/DV but not Atmos from P+, just DD+, but I get Atmos from the other services, Netflix, Vudu, etc.
I am not concerned about Atmos. I use my hearing aids to listen to the audio which is DD.

I’ll prefix this by saying I’ve never played the game, either, but Halo is supposed to be a “Ringworld” (like a Dyson sphere, but just an equatorial band that can be in rotation around the host star to provide “gravity”). If you’re watching the show, the Covenant refers to it as “The Ring”.

Sci-Fi author Larry Niven wrote a couple of novels about a Ringworld that was built near the Galactic core and was used by the builders to escape the supernovae cascade that was making the Milky Way inhabitable in multiple millennium. He goes into the engineering of such a structure and how it’s a more practical solution to overcrowded planetary surfaces.

I’m curious to see how the producers will show Halo on TV.

Halo is supposed to be a “Ringworld”
Cool! I loved the Ringworld novels. And, being a budding physicist who ran into Niven at a Star Trek convention, I confronted him with the fact that such a ring is spinning at an unstable equilibrium with the host star. If something, such as Fist of God mountain, knocks it off center, the gravitational attraction of the star will pull it farther off center until the ring passes through the star. Oops!

Niven replied to me that what he didn't tell us in Ringworld was that there were active thrusters keeping the ring on center. He later wrote a whole novel (Ringworld Engineers?) to fix that oversight.

Reactions: Foxbat
Well, the show was mediocre at best, IMO. I probably won't even bother with S2. There is so much better Sci-Fi out there,