Trip

RabbitEars Webmaster
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Jun 21, 2008
Alexandria, VA, US
Hello, all:

As someone who is a very large fan of certain PBS programming that doesn't appear on the 24-hour feeds (Red Green Show, McLaughlin Group), I decided to try to make as full a schedule as I could solely from observations of the feeds on AMC21.

Here is the link: RabbitEars.Info

There are several notes that I suspect will need to be used as an FAQ.

1) Any spaces in gray are test patterns.

2) Any spaces in red or in white represent signal problems on my end (my 75cm/30 inch dish is too small for the weaker transponders to be 100% reliable), times when I was not near my receiver or times when I was sleeping. Any information that would fill these gaps would be greatly appreciated.

3) Here are the PBS feeds I do not list, as they are available from Titan TV:

12072H - Louisana PBS
12106V - Montana PBS
12112V - Oklahoma PBS
12140V - PBS East HD (HD01)
12140V - PBS West HD (HD02)
12180V - Create (SD02)
12180V - V-Me (SD03)
12180V - World (SD04)

4) Here are the PBS feeds I do list:

12180V - HD03 (This is the HD feed on the Create mux)
12180V - SD01 (This is the other SD feed on the Create mux)
12151H - HD04
12163H - SD05
12169H - SD06
12175H - SD07

5) As this feed is from observation, some of the programs will not be seen on a regular basis and are likely one-time programs.

6) The programming on these feeds can change at any time as it is outside of my control. As such, my schedule almost certainly will not be 100% accurate, and should be used only as a guide for when to look for desired programming.

7) All times are in Eastern Time, my local time zone.

Any other questions I can answer will be added to this list. Opinions are appreciated. :)

- Trip

Last edited:
Tried recording Red Green @ 16:30. (Thursday SD07) recorded 1/2 hr of color bars then Sherlock Holmes started @ 17:00. Dang, I want(ed) Red Green

It's more than a year out of date now, so the times may have shifted. Updates are appreciated.

- Trip

Yeah, I knew that, just wishful hope on this end.
Probably going to need a computer based solution running a script to record the top and bottom of each hour for + 5 minutes. Then view and 'fill in the blanks'.
Then there's the requirement for each channel, YIKES, that's a lot. Even with the recordings automated.

Just happened to be poking at the feeds and noticed Doctor Who being fed in HD on 12150H. I think it started at 1530 ET.

- Trip

Hello, all:

As you may know, this schedule I put together is something like a year and a half out of date now. Yikes! As a result, while home sick from work on Friday at 2PM EST, I started updating it to reflect what I see on the feeds now. This update will likely continue through Monday morning, and I make no promises for updates after that due to time constraints from work and whatnot. But it should at least give an idea of what is running on the weekends.

I've left out certain things that appeared to be one-time events, like the lighting of the national Christmas tree.

The new HD05 feed is currently unlisted. I've been making notes about what is on it. (So far, nothing at all on Saturdays... a few things on Friday afternoons.) At some point I will be adding it into the page, probably once I have more data for it.

Let me know if there are any questions. Have a great weekend!

- Trip

I was out sick from work again yesterday (worked from home), so I continued the update through the day. I did wind up on the phone through the 2:30 half hour, so I missed anything that might have been airing then.

So far this morning, I'm feeling better so I may be going to work, in which case updates will become spotty or non-existent for the remainder of the week. But at least Fri PM - Tue AM is up to date now. Enjoy it!

- Trip

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)