Hank Steinbrenner continues the meddling legacy of his dad!

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
It's bad enough that George Steinbrenner was a on eof the most meddling owners of ANY SPORT...now is idiot son is continue the legacy of dear ole dad!
I am a Raiders fan, and I know Al Davis is a meddling baffon...but he USE TO BE A FOOTBALL COACH...he KNOWS PLAYERS....be Hank Steinbrenner knows nothing about baseball PLAYERS other than they can be sold and traded....period. He has NO scouting and NO coaching experience what's so ever. I doubt he has ever played a sport, but I could be wrong.

Updated: April 21, 2008, 9:04 AM ET

Yankees co-chairman Hank Steinbrenner, like his father George, has never been one to mince words. When it comes to where pitcher Joba Chamberlain should be -- the bullpen or the starting rotation -- the younger Steinbrenner's expectations are crystal clear.

"I want him as a starter and so does everyone else, including him, and that is what we are working toward and we need him there now," Steinbrenner told the New York Times. "There is no question about it, you don't have a guy with a 100-mile-per-hour fastball and keep him as a setup guy. You just don't do that. You have to be an idiot to do that."

Through Sunday's games, the Yankees stand at 10-10 and are closer to the bottom of the AL East than the top. New York is three games behind division-leading Boston and just 1½ games ahead of cellar dweller Tampa Bay.

Steinbrenner also took issue with how the Yankees handled Chamberlain's situation last season, before he was in a position to make changes.

"The mistake was already made last year switching him to the bullpen out of panic or whatever," Steinbrenner told the newspaper. "I had no say in it last year and I wouldn't have allowed it. That was done last year, so now we have to catch up. It has to be done on a schedule so we don't rush him."

Chamberlain, who had missed five games to be with his sick father in Nebraska, returned to the Yankees on Saturday. He pitched a scoreless eighth inning in the Yankees' 6-0 loss to the Orioles. Chamberlain said his father was doing much better.

ESPN - Steinbrenner outspoken about Chamberlain's future place with Yankees - MLB

Heck if I was the owner of a team, I would probably just name myself as coach and be done with it. :D

George Steinbrenner served as an assistant football coach at Northwestern University from 1955-56, and at Purdue University from 1956-57.

I knew his wife Elizebeth quite well. She told me that she sent the sons through Culver Military academy which I am sure gave them some kind of leadership experience.

In watching how their father ran the team I am not surprised at all by the way Hank and his brother Hal run it now.

George Steinbrenner served as an assistant football coach at Northwestern University from 1955-56, and at Purdue University from 1956-57.

I knew his wife Elizebeth quite well. She told me that she sent the sons through Culver Military academy which I am sure gave them some kind of leadership experience.

In watching how their father ran the team I am not surprised at all by the way Hank and his brother Hal run it now.
=========================================================
.be Hank Steinbrenner knows nothing about baseball PLAYERS other than they can be sold and traded....period. He has NO scouting and NO coaching experience what's so ever. I doubt he has ever played a sport, but I could be wrong.

John,
I think the question was whether or not Hank had played or been in any position to manager players, not George.

yeah I realize that, I meant to say in it that he had no experience but his father did have some coaching experience although it wasnt baseball. That's what I get for trying to reply while doing five other things.

Hank is just waiting to hang Cashman on not getting Santana...

Hughs and Kennedy are what like 0-5 9.00 era combined already?

yeah I realize that, I meant to say in it that he had no experience but his father did have some coaching experience although it wasnt baseball. That's what I get for trying to reply while doing five other things.

Well John,
You better cut it back to 4 things at a time, don't want to over do it now :D

Jimbo

I'm just waiting for Hank to fire GM Cashman, name himself GM, and put the Yankees where they belong -- in the toilet!

I love Hank so far in any case - he's screwing up the Yankees just like Georgie did by opening his trap and interfering in the 1980's after the Yankees early decade success, and the Yankees stunk until the mid 1990's.

I'm just waiting for Hank to fire GM Cashman, name himself GM, and put the Yankees where they belong -- in the toilet!

I love Hank so far in any case - he's screwing up the Yankees just like Georgie did by opening his trap and interfering in the 1980's after the Yankees early decade success, and the Yankees stunk until the mid 1990's.

Yup, looks identical to his father as far as running the Yanks, he really doesn't care because he knows that he has a open checkbook to buy whoever he feels will help them at the trade deadline.

You'd almost think that George is no longer there, but believe me George is still making a lot of the calls.

Jimbo

As much as I despise the Yankees....having a BAD Yankee team is not good for baseball. Just like having a crappy Knicks team. What good is beating the Yankees when they suck! You want the team to get beat when YOUR team beats them and when they are in the height of their success!

As much as I despise the Yankees....having a BAD Yankee team is not good for baseball. Just like having a crappy Knicks team. What good is beating the Yankees when they suck! You want the team to get beat when YOUR team beats them and when they are in the height of their success!

They will get it together, they may not win it all, but they will be respectful.

Yanks started slowly last year as well and ended up OK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)