Happy Birthday Hopper 3

What Dish needs to do is design a Joey4 that does 4K and HDR. The current 4K Joey does not do HDR. This was a problem for Dish when the Olympics would not work on the 4K Joey. A new Joey4 could also do PIP. I am glad that I didn't get the 4K Joey. The 4K TV that I have is not HDR Supported.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I can remember all the doubters when news was coming out on 16 tuners, many did not believe and doubted a concept could come to be. Happy birthday Hopper 3 and thanks again to SatelliteGuys for the breaking information back then :)
Yes, I remember that. It was even speculated that the only way you could have 16 tuners was to have a 4 PTAT type scenario.

I can remember all the doubters when news was coming out on 16 tuners, many did not believe and doubted a concept could come to be. Happy birthday Hopper 3 and thanks again to SatelliteGuys for the breaking information back then :)

I remember giving all kinds of hints... and many people didn't believe me... when will they learn? :D

What Dish needs to do is design a Joey4 that does 4K and HDR. The current 4K Joey does not do HDR. This was a problem for Dish when the Olympics would not work on the 4K Joey. A new Joey4 could also do PIP.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Why not just allow multiple H3s on an account and do away with 4K joeys!!

Reactions: bluegras
My Hopper 4 Wish Dream List- Cheaper Hybrid Solution , bring your own solution combo

1. Bring your own Locals- OTA tuner with Record 4 AND with all local OTA guide data for all markets AND with Auto Hop, CUSTOMER then SAVEs $12

2. BRING YORU OWN STREAMS- All Free Good Streaming Web Chanels integrated right into the guide, you go to the channel it calls an app which then displays the live stream. Things like Weather Nation and Cheddar do not need to be on the SAT, these will all be free.

3. BRING YOUR OWN SUBSCRIPTION- Apps for Hulu, Netflix, Prime, Youtube and all avl in search.

4. BRING YOUR OWN DEVICE- a really good hopper client app for FireTV and Roku, avoid those $7 a month cost, will have same features. No contracts

5. On top of all that you get to pay for the normal Dish service and get a really good cable or sat system with DVR

My Hopper 4 Wish Dream List- Cheaper Hybrid Solution , bring your own solution combo

1. Bring your own Locals- OTA tuner with Record 4 AND with all local OTA guide data for all markets AND with Auto Hop, CUSTOMER then SAVEs $12

2. BRING YORU OWN STREAMS- All Free Good Streaming Web Chanels integrated right into the guide, you go to the channel it calls an app which then displays the live stream. Things like Weather Nation and Cheddar do not need to be on the SAT, these will all be free.

3. BRING YOUR OWN SUBSCRIPTION- Apps for Hulu, Netflix, Prime, Youtube and all avl in search.

4. BRING YOUR OWN DEVICE- a really good hopper client app for FireTV and Roku, avoid those $7 a month cost, will have same features. No contracts

5. On top of all that you get to pay for the normal Dish service and get a really good cable or sat system with DVR
Quite an Pipe Dream!

Reactions: charlesrshell
I’m lazy, and hate finding remotes to all the other devices like the fire stick, teaming up with amazon and combining fire tv with a h3 would be a huge help.

I think being able to record 4 ota channels at the same time would be great,since ota stations are pushing their carriage up every year now. Also since DISH now allows full guide information for the big 4 networks regardless if you use their sat locals , it would make the 4 tuners a must. Then you could have your satellite cable channels and your full ota channels too, unlike what you have now where you can only pick 2 ota channels to record. If this was already a thing, I wouldn't of needed to add the TABLO ota dvr to my house hold in order to get all the networks and so I could save the extra $12.00 a month for sat locals. The Flex pack gives me what I need for cable channels and it is much cheaper than the top programming packs. Add the 4 ota tuners and it would make the hopper comparable to the TABLO dvr, minus of course the full guide information I get for ALL my ota channels and sub channels. I've suggested before that anyone with internet connected to their hopper should get full guide information for ALL their ota channels. Whether that be through Titan Tv app or what ever solution that DISH comes up with .

Being able to add apps you like through the hopper like you do through your I-pad or cell phone would also go along way to creating a whole house entertainment center through the hopper ,instead of having to use multiple interfaces to get all the different streaming services now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts