Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I can't believe it, I was doing some mantience this afternoon when I noticed something, today September 7th 2003 was the date that SatelliteGuys.US went online, and today is our first birthday!

As I sit and look back I can't believe how big we have grown, never in my wildest dreams did I think we would be sitting here one year later larger than any American Satellite forum!

As I browsed through some of the archives today, I was amazed to see how much we have grown in the past year. One of the big things I noticed was how much money we have saved our members over the past year! Also I was looking back about how many great prizes we have given away to our members over the past year, I was shocked to see we have given away almost $20,000 in prizes over the past year!

I can't thank enough the folks who affectionately call our "Pub Members" who have financially supported Satelliteguys over the past year. Without their support we would not be here!

I would also like to thank my wife for all the support she has given me over the past year, as you can imagine the board has taken a lot of my time from her, but she has always been really supportive of me and the site, she is much more then just a "prize goddess"

As we enter out 2nd year we start off with a really busy week, I have a lot going on behind the scenes, and I hope you will all bare with me.

Here is what's going on this week.

First my wife is going to have surgery on Thursday, she will be having her tonsils taken out. Now having tonsils out when you are an adult is much different then when your a kid. Doctors tell us she will be out of work for at least 3 weeks. In getting ready for her surgery there is a lot for us to do, this afternoon we are off to her doctor where she gets a pre op checkup. Then we get home and need to finish cleaning up the house as we are expecting company over the house over the next few days.

Tommorow I must get the kids packed up and bring them to my fathers house and he will watch the kids while I am away.

I also need to pack myself for CEDIA in Indianopolis, Indiana And when I say pack I don't mean throw some clothes in a suitcase. When I leave I will actually have a poratable TV / Photo studio with me, with all my electronics I will be bringing I will have the ability to capture, edit and broadcast video and photos. I am currently reformating and locading all the photo editing, video capture, editing and broadcasting software I will need. When I am at CEDIA will promise to do my best for all of you. Now while my wife will be home recovering in bed from her surgery she has agreed to let me go to the show as she knows how much it means to me and also to you, she was as amazed with your kind support as I was.

On Friday Morning I get up a 4am to catch my plane to CEDIA, I will arrive in Indy at 9am local time.

From there I will work to bring you the best coverage I can, I am excited to go, Ilya one of the staff members from our VOOM forum will be going and I just got word that Claude from DishStore.NET is going to attempt to go as well.

You can see I have a hell of a week in store for me. :)

I would like to thank our staff for all their hard work they have put into making SatelliteGuys the Internet's #1 Satellite Forum! We wouldn't be here if it was not for their help.

Now with a year behind us, I look ahead at year two, and year two seems to be much like year 1, a dark tunnel with no set course, as we have done the first year we will listen to you our members and use your input and suggestions to forge our future.

Thanks again to all for a wonderful first year, we could not have done with without all of you! :D

Congrats!! I hope we do even better in the 2nd year of existance. :)

Hope your wife has a smooth and speedy recovery, happy birthday, and have fun in Indy.

If they have that new Direct dish, could you take a picture of that. I would like to see what that monster looks like.

Thanks for the great year's worth of work, Scott - here's to many more :bday

And best wishes for a sucessful surgery and speedy recovery to your wife!

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)