Should SatelliteGuys Report from CEDIA?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
(I asked our pub members what they thought of this idea and they gave it their blessing, so I am posting it for all to see.)

HELP NEEDED!

The CEDIA (Custom Electronic Design & Installation Association) is holding their annual show on September 8th through September 12th in indianapolis, Indiana at the RCA Dome.

I am told by friends at Dish Network that they will be there with a major announcement on the 8th. I am also told by VOOM that they will have some surprises as well. And I also know DirecTV is holding a press conference there.

Someone asked me today if I was going and I really haven't thought about it until today.

I looked online and the cost of going to the event is somewhere around $500 for all my expenses (airfare and lodging) I would leave on the 8th and plan on returning late on the 9th.

I am seeking a sponsor to pay for me to go to CEDIA and report for SatelliteGuys.US. Is anyone or better yet any company interested in sponsoring me to go report live from CEDIA?

Please let me know!

I don't think you're wrong in posting this at all. Have you asked Dishstore.net or Value Electronics?

Indianapolis is only 100 miles from me. Since its on a weekend I may make a day trip on that Saturday. I don't know yet.

Is this open to anyone or invites only?

Yeah, if you do that Scott since we are closing on our house this week I will see what I can donate too.

Lets figure this out. Over 10k members, $500 thats less than a nickel each.

So you think I should move this to the General help forum? I figured I was ask you guys first before I made a fool out of myself publiclly. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
So you think I should move this to the General help forum? I figured I was ask you guys first before I made a fool out of myself publiclly. :)

No, go for it on the general forum. Maybe all those folks that save 6 months of D* HDTV package charges could donate a month for the cause.

Also, you could post this up on the main page of the forum so it can attract people from the first page they see.

You aren't a fool for asking for sponsors for your trip since you are doing this for satellite related business and for news that you can post to this site.

Someone just PMed me and he said he would like to send over money however can not afford the full $500.

While I would love for a company to sponsor me I am open to donations from individuals, if I obtain a bunch of donations to total the $500 I will go, however if for some reason we don't meet the $500 goal all money will be returned.

Again I would rather a company sponsor the trip, but I am open to anything if I can go and bring you the news from the show floor. :)

OK, I just sent you a PayPal for $50. Come on folks, we need only 9 more to pony that same amount up and Scott can get us the latest news on what's happening. That's less then half of the savings you folks got with the news on the 6 months free on the D* HD package.

Thanks Rad,

I just sent you an email thanking you as well. :)

Again if I don't go all money will be returned. :D

I am humbled to report that we have received $200 of the $500 needed for us to attend CEDIA! We are almost halfway there!! :D

They are being slow on setting a closing date. As soon as they do and we get our check I will donate what I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)