AI chatbots on Satelliteguys

I was an early participant in this thread where poster "ILoveSats" inquires about some feeds on 99 KU. For the first couple dozen or so posts, it seems to interact intelligently and expectedly to other posters.

I just read the thread. Boy, what a story!

I myself had decided him to be an "unpleasant" fellow, whom I didn't like to help, after him not taken my point seriously at all in this conversation: OTHER - United States Postal Service Ku band dish

I had forgotten that I had already decided something like that about him, previously, in this conversation: OTHER - Cannot Find Galaxy 19 FTA 97 West :(

This means that I definitely have my preferences and dislikes, for whom I want to help.

Which leads me to the following question: How can I remind myself that I rather don't want to help a specific member?
I know there is the option to "ignore" a member, but I never used it, as I don't know what happens then?
Do you then never see posts of that member again? And is this definite, or can you "un-ignore" them?
Or are the posts of that member just greyed out, or something, but still visible?

To "ignore" sounds rather harsh. But I don't want a list beside my computer, of people I don't really want to help. My memory is not so good, that I remember people that were not nice to me, for a long time; as they say elephants do?
So maybe if I understand what happens, I can use the 'ignore' button sometime.

Greetz,
A33

Click on their avatar and select Ignore. You can undo it later.

Seems to be some limits to this. I tried, for the first time in many years, to ignore iJustine. I’ve really come to hate PINK. But it doesn’t seem to have worked, perhaps due to her category of “poster.”

As to memory tricks- I’m pushing 70 and may not be of assistance there.

Click on their avatar and select Ignore. You can undo it later.

Ignore works for individual posts and entire threads if the poster starts one.

But how would I be able to undo the 'ignore', if his posts and threads are no longer visible?

Because when his posts are invisible, I assume also his avatar must be invisible?

... some things with computers, I hesitate to (blindly) try, because I'm not sure if there is a way to undo what I did ...

Greetz,
A33

a33 - I am sure as long as you can see his profile, then you would visit the profile and then unignore from there and all posts (current, past and future will show). ignore is not block. If you blocked him but he didn't block you, then you would be able to unblock but if both of you block each other, then unless both sides unblock, neither of you will be able to see each other.

But how would I be able to undo the 'ignore', if his posts and threads are no longer visible?

Because when his posts are invisible, I assume also his avatar must be invisible?

... some things with computers, I hesitate to (blindly) try, because I'm not sure if there is a way to undo what I did ...

Greetz,
A33
up in the right corner where it shows your name (next to the envelope and the bell), if you click on your name you'll see a long list of options and one shows ignored. That is where you can click and see who you are ignoring (if you are)

I tried to watch it a few times. I must admit it was when I was much younger. Other than a few bits with HAL and Dave, I found it very slow paced and difficult to get anything out of. I guess I could try again now that I'm older but if it is so complicated that it must be explained to the audience then.... o_O

It was deliberately designed that way. It was INTENDED that no one would leave the theater understanding it.

Go to YT for “2001: A Space Odyssey Breakdown…”. By Heavy Spoilers from a month ago.

All will be revealed, padawan.

Sorta.

First person to explain it succinctly wins a free ticket to the moon, courtesy of Pan Am.

Just found this thread. As mentioned by CM a week ago, I think ILoveSats was actually a human using his chatbot toy way too much. He even posted a thread where he admitted he was giving us "for free" the words of his chatbot he paid for. I certainly thought he was human (to start with at least) with an odd personality lacking the ability to just listen and learn from others. Chatbots are good but if you read their words carefully, you can pick up the cliches they use and they don't quite sound like humans. They use run-on sentences and can't state ideas briefly with elegance.

Don't kid yourself. It's only a matter of a short time down technology road that you won't know the difference between a chatbot and a33. Only joking! :)