AI chatbots on Satelliteguys

Loved that movie! Own it. Might watch again. 2010 was also worthwhile. Explanations are on line.

But I’m considering talking SWMBO into seeing Apocalypse Now. She’s never seen it. It’s about time for me to see it again.

Clockwork Orange. Now THERE’S a movie I am reluctant to see again. Even though I bought it.
I've never seen Clockwork Orange. Maybe I'll rent it one of these days unless it ends up "free" on Amazon Prime Videos.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Well, we haven't sent manned spacecraft to Mars or Jupiter yet. I suspect it will be a long time before we do and it'll be interesting if they'll make such huge spacecraft in our lifetime.
Do not need manned-

Europa Clipper is NASA's mission to explore Jupiter's moon Europa and determine whether its underground ocean is habitable. It is scheduled to launch on Oct. 6, 2024, atop a SpaceX Falcon Heavy rocket

Then we have the lander

Reactions: charlesrshell
Explanations are on line.

I tried to watch it a few times. I must admit it was when I was much younger. Other than a few bits with HAL and Dave, I found it very slow paced and difficult to get anything out of. I guess I could try again now that I'm older but if it is so complicated that it must be explained to the audience then.... o_O

I tried to watch it a few times. I must admit it was when I was much younger. Other than a few bits with HAL and Dave, I found it very slow paced and difficult to get anything out of. I guess I could try again now that I'm older but if it is so complicated that it must be explained to the audience then.... o_O
The first time I saw 2001, at the Beverly Theater in Beverly Hills, CA, I actually fell asleep somewhere midway through the film. It was a SuperPanavision 70 theater and was beautiful to watch but it was soooo slow. I tried several times over the years to rewatch and I continued to get sleepy. Then I bought the Stanley Kubrick Limited Edition Collection on Blu Ray and decided to give it another chance because it on the collection. I actually made it all the way through that time. I still have no idea what it was all about but I can now say that i have watched it in its entirety. :)

The first time I saw 2001, at the Beverly Theater in Beverly Hills, CA, I actually fell asleep somewhere midway through the film. It was a SuperPanavision 70 theater and was beautiful to watch but it was soooo slow. I tried several times over the years to rewatch and I continued to get sleepy. Then I bought the Stanley Kubrick Limited Edition Collection on Blu Ray and decided to give it another chance because it on the collection. I actually made it all the way through that time. I still have no idea what it was all about but I can now say that i have watched it in its entirety. :)
I was 15 (1982), viewed it at the Michigan Theater in Ann Arbor, which is one of those old time theaters that they kept up, had the biggest screen before IMAX was a thing.

I was pretty underwhelmed, heard so many things about it and as a teenager loving Star Trek/Wars type movies, I was just bored.

But I have come to love it in my later years.