Should SatelliteGuys Report from CEDIA?!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still at $200, I am sure we will get there. I may order the plane ticket in a bit to get that nailed down.

BTW I have had a few people ask how to donate, you can do it via the donate link below or by paypaling me directly at scott@satelliteguys.us

Thanks again to all.

Scott, did you find out if this is just for dealers or sponsers, or for anyone to go to?

Mark_AR said:
When you go, just make sure you close the double doors. ;)

I didn't say 'if'.
Actually there is no need to close the double doors as their are none. RCA Dome is supported by air pressure, so they use revolving doors to keep the pressure up. There is nothng quite like 20,000 fans entering the dome at once to let out all the air. :)

Just got a note from Dish, they are not having a press confrence instead they will be holding a special Press Reception at their booth.

I am now talking with VOOM and DirecTV to dig at what their plans are. :D

Scott, you should keep a running total on the main forum page.

I feel awful that I can't do anything until Friday as far as donating. :( I want you to go to this thing as much as everyone else, believe me.

Neutron, don't worry about it. :) I feel guilty asking :)

We are currently just a little past our halfway point at $275 thank you everyone who has donated so far!

Just an update...

We are almost there! We are now at $365!

Looks like I will be ordering my plane tickets in the morning. :)

Thank you everyone, I will try my best to provide you the best satellite coverage possible from CEDIA. :)

cdru said:
Actually there is no need to close the double doors as their are none. RCA Dome is supported by air pressure, so they use revolving doors to keep the pressure up. There is nothng quite like 20,000 fans entering the dome at once to let out all the air. :)

OT: They must have changed the setup since I was there about 5 yrs ago. The entrance that I went in, there were revolving doors in the middle, but then there were 2 sets of swinging double doors on the one side. You opened first set, walking in, closed first set, opened second set then entered the dome.

No Biggie...

Mark_AR said:
OT: They must have changed the setup since I was there about 5 yrs ago. The entrance that I went in, there were revolving doors in the middle, but then there were 2 sets of swinging double doors on the one side. You opened first set, walking in, closed first set, opened second set then entered the dome.
Getting even more OT. I was wrong. There are a double door airlocks in addition to revolving doors. My company rents the ICC and the dome 2x a year for our week-long convention and I've always gone through a revolving door entrance.

We are now up to $430! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

StevenD sorry for not sending you a thank you note yet, paypal didnt send me an email however I see the money when I look at the account! :)

I have just ordered my plane and CEDIA badge!

I am proud to announce that we will be reporting from CEDIA!!! I will be bringing 2 Digital Cameras as well as a Camcorder, I do plan on doing some video from the show as well. :)

One of our staff members Ilya from our VOOM forum is thinking about making the drive to the show. We will do our best for you!

Thanks again guys!!

If I can get the $50 approved with the wife I may show up as well. :) Indy isn't too far from me, only about 100 miles.

Scott Greczkowski said:
One of our staff members Ilya from our VOOM forum is thinking about making the drive to the show. We will do our best for you!
Yes, I am planning to go there too. It's a 5-hour drive, but what the heck! ;)

I am looking forward to meeting you Ilya! I hope you bring a digital camera. :) I will probably have my laptop on the floor with me and will be able to download photos on the fly...

Uploading them is another story but hopefully there is some broadband there.

Anyone else from SatelliteGuys thinking of going? I know Neutron was saying he was interested. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)