Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
I wasn't too sure what to make of this graphic novel come to SyFy, but since I enjoyed "Deadpool" I thought I'd give it a chance. Sax, a decorated cop turned hitman for the Mob gets a visit from a little girl's imaginary flying unicorn, Happy. She gets kidnapped by Santa, you see, and sends Happy (Patton Oswalt) to find help. Sax (Christopher Meloni) is the best he can find, but needs to convince him he isn't a drug-or-booze-induced hallucination.

If you made it through those sentences and haven't dismissed it out of hand, SyFy is showing all four of the previously-aired episodes Wednesday starting at 8pm EST.

I've been enjoying this, but then I have a twisted sense of humor. Lots of nice touches and side stories going on, plus guest cameos. Has anyone else watched this?

Reactions: Annie61
Is it me, or should SyFy released this much earlier? The whole Christmastime aspect of the story has lost its appeal. Plus, this needs to wrap up soon as they seem to have run low on ideas.

On the other hand, the whole "IA" meeting was humorous, and I gotta love a Billy West-voiced character..

Reactions: Annie61
Is it me, or should SyFy released this much earlier? The whole Christmastime aspect of the story has lost its appeal. Plus, this needs to wrap up soon as they seem to have run low on ideas.

On the other hand, the whole "IA" meeting was humorous, and I gotta love a Billy West-voiced character..
I haven't watched this, but was thinking while reading your post ...
You said earlier that they have 4 episodes so far, then in this post you said they seem to be running out of ideas ?
How can a show get off the ground and on the air if they are at a loss for ideas already ?

Reactions: TheKrell
Well, I must admit, I quite enjoyed the final episodes. I think they'll bring it back for another season. Most of the comments I saw online were positive, but I'm sure people thought that about "Dark Matter", too.

Already renewed.

Reactions: Foxbat
I found this season a bit of a slog to get through. Where the first season was a race to save Hailey and the kids, and all the craziness that ensued along the way, this season (without spoiling major plot points) spent a lot of time with the main characters dealing with their PTSD in various ways, with the obligatory fight scene at the end of each episode (which seemed like they were trying too hard to be crazy and over the top). Somehow this season even managed to make Hailey unlikable. I actually didn't care how things played out in the finale. Anne Margaret's role was the only bright spot this season.

Happy has actually been cancelled, along with, sadly, Deadly Class, which I really enjoyed. 'Happy,' 'Deadly Class' Canceled at Syfy

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Sorry, my fault for not watching season 2 of "HAPPY!" I forgot it was on, and now it's going away. Typical.
On a positive,, you didn't waste your time on Season 2 hoping for Season 3 and being let down when you've invested in the show for so long and have it ripped from you ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)