Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy St. Patrick's Day! Time to banish snakes and drink green beer...

Simpsons+-+Whacking_Day.jpg

Thank you and same to all. I'm retired and have drank some beer all my life, think I will have to have my first green beer today now that you mentioned it.

Happy Patty's Day all. From this Irishman who happens to be Irish every day. :) My mother was 100% Irish!

I've never really thought of St. Patrick's day as a holiday.

I've never worked at a company that gives you a day off work for St. Patrick's day.

I've never bought or received a St. Patrick's day card.

I've never gone to a parade on this day.

I don't drink beer so going out and drinkin' green beer has never been my thing.

For most people that celebrate St. Patrick's day it's just an excuse to go out and get drunk on a work day.

If someone isn't irish is it politically incorrect to say Happy St. Patrick's day to them ?
It sure is a big no no to say Merry Christmas to a jewish person.

Just my 2 cents....

Hey here's my green for saint patricks day .. WEST SIDEEE

Attachments

• tattoo007.jpg
    tattoo007.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 94
I've never really thought of St. Patrick's day as a holiday.

I've never worked at a company that gives you a day off work for St. Patrick's day.

I've never bought or received a St. Patrick's day card.

I've never gone to a parade on this day.

I don't drink beer so going out and drinkin' green beer has never been my thing.

For most people that celebrate St. Patrick's day it's just an excuse to go out and get drunk on a work day.

If someone isn't irish is it politically incorrect to say Happy St. Patrick's day to them ?
It sure is a big no no to say Merry Christmas to a jewish person.

Just my 2 cents....

I didn't mean to offend anyone. I'm not Irish. My grandma's birthday is today and it's also my sister and her husband's anniversary. It's a day that we have celebrated all my life. And it's fun.

I don't think it's politically incorrect to say it to people who aren't Irish. It's never offended anyone I know. Sorry if I offended you. :)

I wasn't offended and I doubt that anyone other than, maybe, Fleet was .....

Methinks that fleet was generalizing... ;)

I was offended. Never said I was.

I was just generalizing. There's such a big deal about saying "merry Christmas" or "christmas party". Everyone is supposed to say "happy holidays" or "holiday party" so we don't hurt someone feelings. :rolleyes:
I was just wondering if the same was try about going around saying "happy St. Patrick's day".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts