Hard disk content Corrupted warning

drjdan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Dallas, TX
I have 622 with release 363. When I turned on today, it had a dialog

Warning
The content on your hard drive has become corrupted and will cause your reciever to function improperly. In order for your receiver to function properly all content on the hard drive need to be deleted at this time. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Delete Now button

I did not push since I have alot of programs I have not watched. So I just did a soft reboot and everything seems to be working ok.

Anyone else had this? Does this warning need to be followed? How can I now force it to do this since I no longer see the message?

drjdan said:
I have 622 with release 363. When I turned on today, it had a dialog

Warning
The content on your hard drive has become corrupted and will cause your reciever to function improperly. In order for your receiver to function properly all content on the hard drive need to be deleted at this time. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Delete Now button

I did not push since I have alot of programs I have not watched. So I just did a soft reboot and everything seems to be working ok.

Anyone else had this? Does this warning need to be followed? How can I now force it to do this since I no longer see the message?

Check your software version in System Info. If you now have 3.65, its likely that error came up when the download was done. I saw a similar message on DBStalk.

I think the error is simply a bad error message which came up AFTER the new software was installed. Glad you did a soft reboot and didn't hit the delete key. That would have sucked. (Reminds me of the software updates with the Dish 501PVR; the stupid thing wiped my hard drive twice during software updates. Was I ticked!!!

rockymtnhigh said:
Check your software version in System Info. If you now have 3.65, its likely that error came up when the download was done. I saw a similar message on DBStalk.

I think the error is simply a bad error message which came up AFTER the new software was installed. Glad you did a soft reboot and didn't hit the delete key. That would have sucked. (Reminds me of the software updates with the Dish 501PVR; the stupid thing wiped my hard drive twice during software updates. Was I ticked!!!
depends what time he turned it on today. The .65 didnt start rolling out until late today, around ~6pmCST. So if he got this error at like 10am this morning, then he was still on .63

Yeah, this happened to me for the first time too yesterday (9/27). The software was still 3.63. The one mildly interesting tidbit here is that earlier in the day, the "TV Entertainment" button was active with four different shows listed (although I didn't play any). I got the message of death that evening and after the soft reboot the "TV Entertainment" button was once again grayed out. Oh and by the way, I hit the button to erase the hard drive when the message appeared and it didn't delete a thing (except this mysterious "TV Entertainment", of course).

This came up on my 622 yesterday morning. The wife didn't tell me about it till last night though when she apologized for deleting all the recordings. Threw me for a loop because nothing had been deleted. I don't know which software version I'm running, but I know whatever got updated last weekend has royally f'ed up my 622. I had to reboot it once in the previous 2 months I owned it. Since last Saturday (the 23rd) it's either spontaniously rebooted or forced me to reboot it 4 times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts