Hardware for DISH German programming

AntAltMike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2005
A customer just called to tell me that they are losing the German programming they have been getting from Globecast and want me to furnish it from DISH.

According to DISH's website, they carry two German channels: GERMAN TV and PROSIEBENSAT.1 WELT. The programming description page says that Superdish is needed to receive this programming.

I already have a 1 meter DISH with a regular linear Ku LNB (I believe they are now calling them FSS) and with its own dedicated home run coax to the German programming viewing location that is used only for the Globecast service, so if both DISH German channels are broadcast from the same satellite, then I can surely retrofit that dish to meet their needs. This receiver will not need to access any other programming, though if need a dish pointed at another satellite to initialize the receiver or to get guide updates, I have DISH Pro LNBs targeting at that property targeting 119 and 110 that could be used.

Are they on the same satellite? What LNB is needed to receive them? Can a 2800, 301 or 311 be used to subscribe to this programming?

German TV is going off the Air. The 3 comapnies that grouped together to form German TV have decided to stop funding the project. It will be leaving Dish Network as well.

Scott Greczkowski said:
German TV is going off the Air. The 3 comapnies that grouped together to form German TV have decided to stop funding the project. It will be leaving Dish Network as well.
When is this happening?
I already paid anually and got a free superdish.
Also there's nothing mentioned about this on http://www.german.tv/ web site or dishnetwork's.

AntAltMike said:
I have DISH Pro LNBs targeting at that property targeting 119 and 110 that could be used.

Are they on the same satellite? What LNB is needed to receive them? Can a 2800, 301 or 311 be used to subscribe to this programming?
Both German channels are located on 121 satellite.

I'm not sure if the LNB you have can be mixed with the dishpro series. I believe your 1 meter dish containing the FSS type LNB is equivilent to the legacy series because I think the 2800 is a legacy receiver. Now superdish does have all dishpro series but the previous linear LNB (example Primestar) may be legacy type. Do a part number verification and also research if FSS standalone LNB are available in dishpro series.

If all you want to do is have one receiver pickup the German channels then just use your 1 meter dish for that receiver. The 3 day guide is included on each individual satellite.

Fss is not dishpro or legacy, it is a specific lnbf type unto itsself.

Im curious about the info as well concerning the german tv programming dropping out completely, Im surprised that this is the case if its true concidering that tv is a money maker.

FSS is not DBS, both can be DishPro or legacy. If it's not stacked then it's legacy meaning it should work with the 2800/3700 or any other receiver that recognizes the FSS slots. You will not be able use the legacy FSS LNB in a DishPro LNB/switch setup.

The fss lnbf does work with dp 34 and dpp 44, not sure if it works through dp 21 though I would have to imagine it does if your linking a d500 with a dp twin or quad through a dp 21.

Van said:
The fss lnbf does work with dp 34 and dpp 44, not sure if it works through dp 21 though I would have to imagine it does if your linking a d500 with a dp twin or quad through a dp 21.
If the FSS LNB is a dishpro series it should work with a DP21 switch, but I don't think he's FSS LNB is dishpro. My impression is this dish is more generic because he mentioned "1 meter dish from Globecast service" and also has some older receivers. The dish500 with dishpro may have come later with the 311. Correct me if I'm wrong AntAltMike.

The d500 is generic so to speak, legacy, dishpro, and dishpro plus will all work on that dish, the lnbfs on the super dish are dishpro dual, dbs, and fss labeled. Ive never taken the time to sit down and read all of the info on the labels so for the technical aspect I cant give any good info.

You can't mix legacy with dishpro. The older Ku LNB that were mounted on 1 meter dish (example Primestar) were legacy series. BobaBird says you can purchase FSS LNB in both series now. Yes the superdish all dishpro I got one and had to change all my switch and LNB (wing dish) to dishpro series for everything to work. I think dishpro was introduced around 2002 and it sounds like AntAltMike 1 meter dish is allot older.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)