Hardware problem and question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JohnL

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 23, 2003
Spencerport, NY
I have a Slimline Dish with a SL5 non Swm LNBF and a Swm16 switch.

It has been working fine for over 2 years.

Recently I have had problems with signal loss and pixelation. I have done signal tests on my different receivers, HR24, HR20, and HR34 and depending on the tuner and the box in the signal test screens. I get either no signal or weak signals on certain transponders on 101, and the KA HD satellites, 99 and 103.

the signal losses come and go. I'm thinking the problem is with my SWM 16 any thoughts? BTW I have the 4 cables coming from the Slimline SL5 LNBF into the SWM 16 and have cables connected to the two outputs all extra ports are terminated, I have the Power inserter connected to the input on the SWM16 and the SWM 16 is grounded to my cold water pipe inside.

my SWM16 is installed in my basement high and dry.

The transponders I'm having trouble with are 101 4,8,16, these should all have signal on them depending on the receiver these transponder are either 0 or very low

103 (s) 1,15,16,23, 24 all zero (these the spotbeam transponders?)
99 (s) 2,4,5,15,16,19,20,23,24 all zero (these the spotbeam transponders?)
119 25,29 are both zero.

My HR34 is connected to Port one of the SWM16. The other DVR's are connected to port 2. My HR 24 showed poor signal on transponders at 101 no signal on Transponder 4, and poor on 8 and 16

The Swm channels on the HR 24 from port two of the SWM16 shows signals coming and going.

Just want to make sure a new SWM 16 will likely solve my problem.

John

Last edited:
I'll reply to my post.

It apparently was the SWM16 switch.

I received my SWM16 today and after removing the old SWM16 and installing the new Switch all my problems are now gone.

John

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)