Hardware Quality Control

rdinkel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Woodland Park, Colorado
Sure have seen lots of posts about defective Hoppers, Joeys, and Nodes. It makes me wonder if the hardware is getting a bad rap, or has Echostar quality control gone way down hill?

i think it's mostly poor programming that's causing most of these installation problems. Probably all the boxes that are being marked defective are probably fine in terms of hardware. Just need their software reloaded or updated at worst case.

I'm surprised we can't just plug in a USB stick with firmware updates and force it to update. Guess there's something else more complicated with these satellite boxes that make them different from other consumer electronics.

Sure have seen lots of posts about defective Hoppers, Joeys, and Nodes. It makes me wonder if the hardware is getting a bad rap, or has Echostar quality control gone way down hill?

You have not seen a lot of post about defective Hopper, Joeys and Node. You have seen a lot of post about installers who were not properly trained, thus the installation problems.

KAB said:
You have not seen a lot of post about defective Hopper, Joeys and Node. You have seen a lot of post about installers who were not properly trained, thus the installation problems.

This ^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts