Harmanony Remote Elit. Worth it?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

budda

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Oconomowoc
I have a chance to pick one of these up pretty cheap. I have a lot of stuff but use the Hopper 3 remote the most. Curved 65'' Samsung KS8500, Denon AVR-X3400H. Fire TV Box. Xbox X. Samsung UBD-8500. Problem is every time I try a universal remote. Granted not this one. I always end up digging for the original. Is it worth the investment? Thanks

My Harmony 880s, Ones and 650s have given me no trouble. Have you programmed them completely?

If you weren’t happy with previous Harmony or other smart remotes, I doubt you’ll be happy with future ones.

The big advantage of the Elite over the Home is the number of devices. Since you've only named six, the Elite may be overkill.

I have a Companion (about half the street price of an Elite) with six devices and it does most of what I need.

That said, I'm not even remotely impressed with the DVR control button layout that most universal remotes offer.

The advantage of the two-piece Harmony remotes over the one-piece models is that you don't need line-of-sight to operate the devices.

Thanks. I am ok with over kill. lol. There is a deal 275.00 for the Elite and Google Home. Or I can get the Elite for 200.00. I like to play with stuff so I might just pull the trigger. Thanks

I like to play with stuff so I might just pull the trigger.
You asked about how much it was worth but you seem more interested in the thrill of acquisition.

Either way, you should get a hands-on with the candidates before you lay your money down. While some remotes look savagely cool, sometimes the button layout was surely done as a joke.

I prefer a remote that doesn't require reading glasses to use so my criteria are skewed.

Reactions: budda and DWS44

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts