Harmony 880 Remote from Dell $174

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Revenoor

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2005
FYI, if interested

Coupon Code BL183$TR1M9HL9 For Logitech Harmony 880.

Sub-total $174.30
Shipping & Handling $5.50 Estimate Shipping & Handling and Tax

Shipping & Handling Discount -$3.30

Tax $12.36

Total Price $188.86

Dell page says expires 11/10/05. I ordered, no email response yet. oops, stand corrected email arrived total cost $188.86 w/3-5 day delivery

The 659 beats it hands down on ergonomics. The crammed buttonade needs direct visualization every time you operate it.

Logitech Harmony 880.

Is the Harmony 880 the top of theline?

Last edited:
Kandiru said:
The 659 beats it hands down on ergonomics. The crammed buttonade needs direct visualization every time you operate it.

I agree 150%! I hate remotes, cel phones and anything else that has all the buttons crushed up against each other like the 880. The 659 is definitely better when it comes to ergonomics.

The "Creme de la Creme Harmony-que" is the 890 (or 895 EU teletext) with the ill fated RF adapter which was released with the beta version firmware true to large corporate tradition, when one department does not know the other, and is currently of no real use, unless you collect electronics :)
So long small company Harmony owner, you sold out for cash to the dinosaur.

You lose a lot when you abandon tactile function in a remote. Tactile were all the Harmony remotes before Logitech got them (this is my fourth one, started with the six button one), now they are marketing to the rich bums who stumble into Best Buy to build a home theater in one afternoon. I appreciate being able to perform complex maneuvering, including PVR scheduling without having to look at the remote, and the 659 has it all. Look at how long it has been marketed in the same version as opposed to its predecessors. Even Sams club carries these now. This one model is my remote for a long time to come.

Regardles the web interface is brilliant, no more remotes without USB for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts