Harmony 880 - skip feature

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ben12345

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
Are you able to set up the 30 sec skip feature on the Harmony 880? I have just about giving up on the Directv RF remote as you push buttons and nothing happens. The wife has thrown it out the window twice and I am tired of retrieving it so I though I would try the 880.

Just remember that if you don't have direct line of sight to the box and need to use RF, you will need the Harmony 890, not the 880.

The 890 uses both IR and RF, while the 880 uses only IR.

You would still need to set the HR20 to IR mode with the 890. The remote uses RF to communicate with the included base station and then the base station feeds IR to the HR20.

For some reason the Harmony configuration application does not apply the HR20 control buttons in "Activities" correctly by default.

It seems to apply the buttons correctly in "devices" but not "Activities" that include the HR20 as a device.

I needed to manually add all the "Control" functions to my HR20 based "Activity" in my 880.

I recall there was more than one HR20 listed. The one I used was "DirectvHR20-700". It worked right off the bat, but I have done some customization since then. This was in January and they may have made some changes since then.

Also, mitch, be sure to set it up as a pvr, and the activity "watch pvr"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

returning sub with ?'s

No HD Channels in my area...need advice?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)