Harmony remote 650 wont work with Wireless Joey

scottk52

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 15, 2014
Now that I have the H3 my wireless Joey has Carbon UI and I can't get a code to work on my harmony remote 650. Any one have any luck?

Now that I have the H3 my wireless Joey has Carbon UI and I can't get a code to work on my harmony remote 650. Any one have any luck?
Well that stinks. I just ordered a 650 last week. It should be here tomorrow. Does it work with the Hopper? My old Harmony remote worked with the H3 without having to change anything from my 722k.

Well that stinks. I just ordered a 650 last week. It should be here tomorrow. Does it work with the Hopper? My old Harmony remote worked with the H3 without having to change anything from my 722k.
Have not tried with the H3. Maybe I will tonight

Yes, my 650 works perfectly. Both on the Wireless Joey and the H3. No special codes need in the Harmony app or anything.

Post I had a while back:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/thr...mony-650-remote-question.309465/#post-3637987

I tried multiple Dish devices but even though it is a Joey the Hopper w/Sling on the Harmony works well. Read the post above as you may need to fiddle around with the color buttons and use the right code in the Harmony software. I never use the color buttons on the Harmony, except on occassion the red button for TV activity. Good luck.

Remote 1.png Remote 2.png

I had a similar issue with my wireless joey w/carbon UI and my harmony ultimate basic remote (w/o) touchscreen. I found in the Joey settings (settings/remote) all the way down there is a setting for IR that was disabled. Once I enabled this, went back to the hub and programmed it as a joey instead of wireless and finally got it to work. Hope this helps, good luck!

Last edited:
Just set up the Harmony Elite with my Hopper 3. Hopper 3 is now in the database. The only issue is that "power toggle" has to be added to the setup to actually shut down (standby) the Hopper 3. I noticed the same shutdown issue with my previous Harmony Ultimate (set up for the original Hopper) when I used it on the Hopper 3.

The Elite touch screen works more crisply than on any of my previous Harmony remotes. It's everything that the new Hopper remote should be, even includes the color buttons (color button prompts are still on screen with the Carbon interface.) My phone even works as a full featured remote anywhere in range of my wireless network.

JPG-300-dpi-RGB-Elite-Black-BTY-ComboLeft-516x600.jpg

I've tried Hopper 3 as my device also for the Harmony 650. Still can't get it to work. Setting it up as wired or wireless Joey doesn't work either. Usually these Harmony remotes work well with dish items. I'm stumped on this one.

I've tried Hopper 3 as my device also for the Harmony 650. Still can't get it to work. Setting it up as wired or wireless Joey doesn't work either. Usually these Harmony remotes work well with dish items. I'm stumped on this one.
My 650 works fine with my Hopper 3. I do not have a Wireless Joey to test it on. As mentioned by another user, I will have to add the "Power Toggle" feature to get the receiver to turn off (standby). I noticed last night that it did not turn off the receiver when I powered everything off. I will have to add that tonight.

Did you check the settings like I mentioned in my previous post?

Carlos please remind me about the settings you talked about - thanks
I realized in my Joey settings of the new carbon UI that by default infrared remote was disabled. In your dish settings if you go to settings/remote and at the very bottom see if thats the case with you as well. If it is, then enable that setting and see if that works. I couldn't get my harmony working by setting it as a wireless Joey, but it does work for me setting it as a joey

Reactions: scottk52
The Elite touch screen works more crisply than on any of my previous Harmony remotes. It's everything that the new Hopper remote should be, even includes the color buttons (color button prompts are still on screen with the Carbon interface.)

Good to hear the comments on the Elite. I'm still using my old trusty 880, but looked at the Elite a few times. First new Harmony in a while that's caught my attention.

I realized in my Joey settings of the new carbon UI that by default infrared remote was disabled. In your dish settings if you go to settings/remote and at the very bottom see if thats the case with you as well. If it is, then enable that setting and see if that works. I couldn't get my harmony working by setting it as a wireless Joey, but it does work for me setting it as a joey
And...... Problem solved! Sorry I missed this if you posted before! Love this forum. Thanks Carlos

Reactions: CarlosB
Can confirm the Harmony 650 remote works with the Wireless Hopper Cabon UI! thanks

Good to hear the comments on the Elite. I'm still using my old trusty 880, but looked at the Elite a few times. First new Harmony in a while that's caught my attention.

Best Buy has a $100 off price for the Elite with an in store trade in of any old Harmony. I think it runs to the 27th.

Reactions: DWS44

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)