Harmony remote, 722K won't turn on/off with main power button

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ljdonato

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 21, 2008
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Hi all
Strange problem I have not been able to solve or find a solution.
I programmed my Harmony One to control a 722K (TV1 IR remote address 18 )
I have been able to control everything just fine, except:
- When I turn on my system with the power button (at the top of my remote), the 722K won't turn on. Using the Power On (at Device, a discreet command) button or the Power Toggle button (also at the device level) works like a charm every time.
- When I turn off my system with the same power button (at the top of my remote), the 722K won't turn off. Using the Power Off (device) button or the Power Toggle button do work perfectly.

I have added the discrete Power On to the powering sequence of the activity, and that works, even though it is inefficient to add a "power on" command after the Harmony had just sent it's "power on" (which don't work). But I have not found a way to add a similar command to the power off, only to the "leaving activity before powering off". The problem is I don't want to turn the 722K off everytime I change from "Watch TV" to another activity, say, "Watch DVD". I have also tried adding delays (2000) without any effect. Also, the sequence of my Harmony is to power on the 722K first and, after that, the TV.

So I assume that, if the discreet commands and the toggle are working fine, it should not be an interference problem (and my receiver is a bit away from my TV). Also, my IR controller should be OK.

If only there's a way to just tell the remote to use the discreet code when powering on or off, instead of whatever it is using now, that would solve my problem, but I have not been able to found a way to do this.
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
In all fairness, having had a Harmony, you need to be on the Harmony Forum for this.

Run the setup wizard again and try selecting a different Dish receiver from the list. Harmony database sometimes have multiple versions even for the same receiver, and some versions may work better than others. See if you can find the one that works better in your case.

Sent from my iPhone5 using SatelliteGuys

Just found out I made an error in my explanation (too tired last night):

Where it reads: "- When I turn on my system with the power button (at the top of my remote), the 722K won't turn on. Using the Power On (at Device, a discreet command) button or the Power Toggle button (also at the device level) works like a charm every time. "

Should read:
- When I turn on my system with the activity button (in this case "Watch TV"), the 722K won't turn on. Using the Power On (at Device, a discreet command) button or the Power Toggle button (also at the device level) works like a charm every time.

Sorry, and thanks to KAB and Ilya for their responses. Will keep posted...

Run the setup wizard again and try selecting a different Dish receiver from the list. Harmony database sometimes have multiple versions even for the same receiver, and some versions may work better than others. See if you can find the one that works better in your case.

Sent from my iPhone5 using SatelliteGuys

Thanks. I will try multiple variations of receivers tonight, but I am not that confident the they will work (hope I am wrong).
What I can't understand is why the buttons at the device level works great (Power off, Power On and Power Toggle), but the main Activity (turning on) or system-wide Off doesn't at all. What code is the remote using for this sequences? It sure does not seem to be the same as the discreet ones, or there is something else I have yet to discover. My original Dish remotes work, my Harmony at device level work, but I can't turn on my system by pressing an activity button just once, without recurring to "Help" or "Device"

There are power options in the device setup where you choose what power commands to use (toggle or discretes) and how activities manage power state of that device (always on, leave alone, etc.). Make sure you've selected the appropriate settings. Failing that, you can customize your activity to send an additional discrete on at the start and discrete off at the end.

My guess is something went wrong in the activity config. I would actually delete the activity and device and start over if you can't get it to work after confirming the settings above.

I would actually delete the activity and device and start over if you can't get it to work after confirming the settings above.

After trying various alternatives, this is what did the trick. I deleted my 722K and added it again, exact same procedure as before, but now it works. I will strike this one as a glitch in the Harmony software.

Thanks to all for your help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts