Harmony remote 880 DELAY setup for DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

phongluu

Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
Hello all,

Could you share your success DELAY setup for your Harmony remote 880 that works perfect with Dish DVR, please?

The remote works awsome for all the activities setup, but when it comes to DVR: fast forward, or pause, or rewind...etc, it seems always trouble for my case.
I have tried few diff number and not so happy with it.

Thanks,
P.L

I used the default delays, works fine for me, but I generally use my Dish remote while watching TV. Just what part of DVR is not working right?

I'm using the Harmony 720, but I found that I could shorten the defaults and it worked much better. Right now I have:

Power On Delay: 1500
Inter-key Delay: 100
Inter-Device Delay: 200

defaults here also, no problems with DVR or PVR as the harmony says on the 622.

Add me to the list, no problems with defaults....

At least for the DVR, I've used the default delays with my Harmony remote and have not had any problems. However, I did change the setting to leave my DVR on all the time, so the DVR power-on delay never really comes into play... although that doesn't seem to be your problem.

I have recently had issues between my 880 and my Samsung BD-UP5000 Duo HD player wherein each press of the remote (for navigation of menus) resulted in the cursor moving 'twice'. This was related mostly to titles under the Buena Vista family (Touchstone, Disney etc.).

Last weekend, I decided to being experimenting with various delay settings and moved delays for all of my components to '0'. While this did not correct the problem I was experiencing, it drastically improved resonse time, along with start-up and shut-down commands.

My problem with the Samsung player by the way, was also corrected, with use of Harmony's on-line troubleshooting interface. I selected the option describing my problem, and it took me to a screen of IR variables, which I dropped down from '5' to '2'. Since then, my problem has been non-existent and I have had no issues whatsoever with my 880 remote.

Spence

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts