Harmony Remote & Hopper 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The 880 is IR only.

I found a quirk in some of the Harmony code sets where the remote would tell the Hopper to turn off, then turn back on again. I was able to overcome this with my Harmony One, but had to live with it with my Harmony 880.

This is with HWS units.
How and where did you find that?

I have a Search button in my window on my Harmony 700. It was one of the possible additions available. It works just fine on the H3...

The 880 is IR only.

I found a quirk in some of the Harmony code sets where the remote would tell the Hopper to turn off, then turn back on again. I was able to overcome this with my Harmony One, but had to live with it with my Harmony 880.

This is with HWS units.
Do you have HDMI-CEC enabled? I found that same thing when I had a 722 and also a Hopper 2K. I turned that off and all was well....

I don't have a Harmony so I don't know how it behaves or how it's programmed but I do know the POWER OFF command is messed up, both on H2 and H3. For H2, POWER OFF worked fine until some software update, then it started working as a power TOGGLE. On H3, POWER OFF does a power ON.

It's possible Harmony recognized this and did as I did and programed power off as: POWER ON, delay, POWER (toggle).

I also programmed the power on sequence as POWER ON, delay, CANCEL. This gets rid of the home screen at power up.

The Power on trick works like a champ, but when I go to edit the Power off sequence, There is no Power Off selection.
Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 7.49.41 PM.png

The Harmony needs to be set to Toggle rather than Power Off.
I was just about to post I changed to toggle!!!!!. Not sure why it changed, or when it changed, but all is good now. I have another small issue I will test you on Bobby, but not tonight. I'm going to bed!!!! You da man!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone figured out a way to bring up Search? This used to be on the # button in the keypad but H3 puts help there. The only way I can find to call up search is to go into Menu the cursor down to Search.
With help from someone at Remote Central, I did find the code

Device Code: 0.0 Function: 45 Search

Pronto Hex:
0000 0048 0001 0011 0018 0162 0018 005E 0018 00A5 0018 005E 0018 005E 0018 00A5 0018 005E 0018 00A5 0018 00A5 0018 00A5 0018 00A5 0018 00A5 0018 00A5 0018 00A5 0018 00A5 0018 00A5 0018 00A5 0018 0162

Ok, for all those who get annoyed by the home screen after turning on the activity.
I customized the activity at startup by adding a "Live TV" command at the end. This works incredibly good. As soon as the activity for startup is done, I am greeted with a Live picture of the last channel watched.

Reactions: stimpson
Glad I found this thread - I'm hoping I can find some help here... I just dug my Harmony One out of the mothballs. I haven't used it since I switched to Windows 10. What is the proper software for setting up the remote? I'm using MyHarmony but it doesn't seem to have anywhere near the customization ability that I remember. I tried setting the remote up using Hopper 3 as the DVR but there are quite a few functions missing when I try to use it. Help!?

Last edited:
How and where did you find that?
Do you have HDMI-CEC enabled? I found that same thing when I had a 722 and also a Hopper 2K. I turned that off and all was well....
I don't have the 880s anymore so I can't say which of the several Dish/Echostar command sets I was using.

My Harmony One is great on my LR HWS. I am now using a 650 on the MBR HWS. It is adequate. "Select" button takes a little extra effort, but for what I paid.....

I can't even seem to add the remote back to my harmony. I see one listed as a "Dish Network Hopper 3 (Test)" but when I select to add it after hitting OK it just sits there. If I reopen the app it shows the device but doesn't find it on the network. Any ideas?