Harmony Remote & Joey

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

120inna55

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Athens, Texas, United States
I have a HWS but no Joey and I exclusively use a Harmony One remote.

A friend of mine has Hopper 2000 with Sling adapter in his living room. His Harmony One operates his Hopper flawlessly. He has a separate setup in the bedroom where he wants to use a separate Harmony One remote. The bedroom setup includes a Joey. Can his second Harmony One operate the Joey? I know nothing about Joeys, but since it's mounted behind the wall-mounted TV, I assume it's only being controlled via RF. Since the Harmony One is IR only, I suspect he cannot control the Joey with it. Unless, of course, the Joey, like the Hopper, has the ability to turn on IR?

There's also the possibility of using an IR extender/repeater with it if he wants to keep the Joey where it is currently located. I'm not sure how well they work or what brand are good, but I know they do exist.

Thank you! He'll be happy to hear it. Of course, we'll have to put the Joey in LOS.

Sent from my Samsung GS3

I use my Harmony in the home theater where I just have a Joey. It's in a rack behind where you sit and I've had good luck with the IR reflecting off the front or side wall and the Joey responding. All in a natural way and not where you have to be precise in pointing at a specific spot only like a Wild West show trick shooter. Same thing for the IR control of the receiver. My point is that maybe your friend could get creative and point the remote in various directions off a wall or ceiling to try at first if he wants to keep the Joey out of site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts