HDCP Errors On Premiums

Nominal

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, Texas
Anyone else with a 722k not able to view premiums tonight because of a "HDCP Not Detected" error (890)? Nothing has changed in my setup for the last several years.

Thanks, that (along with a hard reboot) seems to have fixed the problem. I didn't know if it was just me or not. I seem to remember there were a lot of problems back when the HDCP was first turned on for HBO.

Yes, the TV is HDCP compliant, I never had a problem until then. Things were really going wonky before the reset and reboot as even MSNBC was showing as HDCP blocked and I don't even think they run HDCP on that channel, do they?

Yes, the TV is HDCP compliant, I never had a problem until then. Things were really going wonky before the reset and reboot as even MSNBC was showing as HDCP blocked and I don't even think they run HDCP on that channel, do they?

Not long ago, all the channels that are NBC Universal (CNBC, MSNBC, Syfy, etc) switched to the HDCP protocol. A lot of customers are getting 890 errors due to it. Resetting the HDMI cable and/or the receiver seems to be resolving it much of the time.

Resetting the cable just resets the handshake and resetting the box does the same thing. If you have the 890 pop up then I would try another channel that enforces HDCP. When you switch between two hdcp channels it reinitiates the handshake and it should fix the issue if 890 is coming up in error. If it appears on multiple channels that are enforcing hdcp, then it may be a TV issue or if you have in line devices, they could be triggering it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts