Hartford Locals on Western Arc

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mrschwarz

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 17, 2004
I am in New England for the summer and have a 1000.2 western arc dish. It seems that the Hartford HD locals are on 61.5 which is on the eastern arc. Is there a way I can pick up these locals using my setup. If I want eastern arc, what do I need to replace? Barring that, are there any locals I can pick up in HD on the western arc if I am located in western Mass? I'm in an RV and don't mind 'moving'.

Thanks in advance.

I am in New England for the summer and have a 1000.2 western arc dish. It seems that the Hartford HD locals are on 61.5 which is on the eastern arc. Is there a way I can pick up these locals using my setup. If I want eastern arc, what do I need to replace? Barring that, are there any locals I can pick up in HD on the western arc if I am located in western Mass? I'm in an RV and don't mind 'moving'.

Thanks in advance.
You don't say what receiver have, but I assume it is one that supports the MPEG4 channels.

You should be able to pick up an old Dish300 (probably any old Dish or DirecTv 18" round) satellite dish, and put a DishPro Dual LNB on the dish, and add a DPP44 switch. Point the Dish300 at 61.5. Keep the 1000.2 dish pointed at the western arc. Then run 3 lines from 1000.2 dish (110, 119, 129) and 1 line from Dish 300 (61.5) to the DPP44 swiitch.

This would enable it for 4 receivers.

Last edited:
Yes, here is the link to the locals for Hartford, CT.

Hartford Locals.

Channel 26 (ION), appears to be the only HD channel that is not on 61.5w. It is on 72.7w.

I have an RV account so I change my service address constantly. I need to understand how the channels work. Can I remove the LNB assemby from my 1000.2 and replace it with an eastern arc LNB assembly? I don't need the rest of the dish, do I? will 61.5 and 72.4 replace all 3 western arc satellites? Also, I have a 722k receiver.

I have an RV account so I change my service address constantly. I need to understand how the channels work.
I have a 1000.4 dish that, like the 1000.2, has a Western Arc and Eastern Arc LNB, and I change back and forth all the time. Channels are the same. However, note that if you have Distant Locals which are broadcast on 119, you will NOT be able to receive them when you're using the Eastern Arc sats.

Can I remove the LNB assemby from my 1000.2 and replace it with an eastern arc LNB assembly? I don't need the rest of the dish, do I? will 61.5 and 72.4 replace all 3 western arc satellites? Also, I have a 722k receiver.
Well, you could just buy an Eastern Arc LNB (here's a pic: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Dish-Ne...CI%2BUA%2BFICS&otn=21&pmod=330925076454&ps=54) for your 1000.2 and swap it with the Western Arc LNB, but that's a real PITA because it's much easier to replace the whole LNB assembly (that's the LNB "head" + arm & adjustment assembly).

So, I'd suggest buying a complete Eastern Arc dish like this instead of just the LNB: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-DISH-NE...427?pt=US_Antennas_Dishes&hash=item1e7ad9caab

I have an RV account so I change my service address constantly. I need to understand how the channels work. Can I remove the LNB assemby from my 1000.2 and replace it with an eastern arc LNB assembly? I don't need the rest of the dish, do I? will 61.5 and 72.4 replace all 3 western arc satellites? Also, I have a 722k receiver.
You will need a 1000.2 EA LNB not a 1000.4 LNB and yes it just replaces your 1000.2 WA LNB.

You will need a 1000.2 EA LNB not a 1000.4 LNB and yes it just replaces your 1000.2 WA LNB.
One more time . . . for an RVer who may be swapping EA and WA LNBs repeatedly, get another dish with the EA LNB because replacing LNBs more than once is a PITA.

I have a Rv account with Dish 500. Can not pick up 129 and am looking into going to the 1000.4 satellite w/ western arc( in the Seattle area). Just wondering if I can utilize the switch that I used. With the 500 or should that be changed also ??

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I have a Rv account with Dish 500. Can not pick up 129 and am looking into going to the 1000.4 satellite w/ western arc( in the Seattle area). Just wondering if I can utilize the switch that I used. With the 500 or should that be changed also ??

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If you upgrade from Dish 500 to Dish 1000.4 Western Arc (or Dish 1000.2 Western Arc), you should not need any switches for 3 or less receivers.

You don't say what receiver you have, but I am assuming you have one that supports DishPro LNBs.

You don't need the DPP44 switch to attach your D300 with DP Dual lnb to your system, the D1000.2 has an input port on the lnb that will do nicely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts