hartford/new haven now has neighboring locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.
UNfortunately from where I am there is nothing available yet, I should be getting all the Springfield Ma stations.

you have to call, and they have to activate each access card on your system. i have been watching them all day

Just tried them, no luck. DB search says I should get 2, 4,& 5 in my area. I guess I'll have to call. Does anybody know if this includes the HD channels too?

Can someone explain the SV thing to me better?

I live in Tracy, CA - which is in the Sacramento DMA. I actually am closer to San Francisco than Sacramento, and the cable provider in my city - Comcast has local channels from both Sacramento and San Francisco. Of course, I would like this with DirecTV as well.

Who gets to decide which SV stations I would receive? Is it the local stations involved, or is it a global satellite vs cable thing?

Does SV involve the entire DMA? Thus would everyone in the Sacramento DMA receive SF stations if it is allowed, or would it depend on what specific city you lived in?

How is it that Hartford has SV now on? Are there a bunch of individual negotiations going on?

Not that it matters, but what makes sense to me is that if you get it on cable, you should be able to get it on satellite.
Any insight anyone can provide me would be appreciated.

charper1 said:
Nice! Anyone actually see them on their system? (where avalible)

Cool!!!!! I checked just this morning and they weren't on. Mine came on by themselves, no call to D* needed! No hd, though.

i got them too channels 2,4,5. did not callin any chance of thses in HD?

I don't know, I heard a rumor that Hartford was supposed to get hd locals on april 6th, or at least later in april, you would think they might do it at the same time, but the higher dmas in the current hd locals group haven't gotten them so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Why wouldn't we get the HD feed as well? They turned on channel 380, etc. so why not the HD channels 80, etc.

Is it not part of the agreement or something?

I believe from what I read during the planning of this service was that that the agreements were specifically for the additional SD affiliates, no HD (I think Scott should no more). AND whoever asked earlier, YES, it had been mentioned that this has been a huge fight by the NAB a some cable systems trying to prevent DBS from offering this type of service.

I am in Middlesex county and I am now getting New York channels 2,4, and 5. I did not call and it started at around 10:00 last night. No HD channels for me either. The strange thing is, according to the list posted before, which did match what Comcast offers, I was basically only supposed to get Channel 5 from New York and Channel 40 from Springfield. I don't know why I am receiving 2 and 4 from New York. I have a feeling they won't last long.

This could be a major thing for a friend of mine in Glastonbury. He can't get Hartford locals because of trees, so he can't Tivo network shows. New York locals are on the 101, so he should be able to get these. When you post, can you please post what county or town you live in, and what channels you are getting?

Thanks, I wish this would include HD, as my antenna is unreliable with my HDTivo.

I checked their little application, and it indeed lists that I am only supposed to be getting channel 5. It also looks like they have nothing listed for Hartford county yet. For me, the only thing this would be good for is football season, where occasionally the New York stations have a different game on than the Hartford stations. Fat chance I'll still be getting Channel 2 by then!

Now all they need to do is go the other way, and give us Fairfield County-types the CT locals (seeing as, you know, we live in CT and all) :)

Can the rest of us be far behind? Will they start with East Coast markets and work west, negotiating (fighting) with broadcasters tooth and nail all along the way? If so, they'll reach the Heartland in about, oh, 2009 at this rate...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts