hartford/new haven now has neighboring locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.
DaveFormula said:
Adding these SV stations should be a snap. At least the ABC, since the Charlotte ABC WSOC is already being delivered as SV in parts of the Winston-Salem-Greensboro-High Point, NC DMA. When I call D* about when these will be turned on, the answers I get are worthless. As a side note, the local cable company carries these stations. As it has been for years. The Charlotte stations, especially CBS, pre-empt way too much.

That is exactly the point; for years and now; local cable companies and the NAB have been, and continue to fight to keep the DBS providers from offering their users these services. They have arm-twisted their way into an unleveled playing field for decades. Having DBS provide these is not as easy as flipping a switch.

DaveFormula said:
We are in Burke County and according to the FCC SV list we should be receiving the following SV stations.

• :) WLOS-ABC
    :) WYFF-NBC
    :) WSPA-CBS
    :) WHNS-FOX

These Asheville,NC-Greenville-Spartanburg,SC stations are on the same spot beam as the Charlotte DMA. Adding these SV stations should be a snap. At least the ABC, since the Charlotte ABC WSOC is already being delivered as SV in parts of the Winston-Salem-Greensboro-High Point, NC DMA.

When I call D* about when these will be turned on, the answers I get are worthless.

As a side note, the local cable company carries these stations. As it has been for years. The Charlotte stations, especially CBS, pre-empt way too much.

Oh yeah..I live in the Charlotte DMA and there is entirely too much pre empting of network programming.
Anyway, I would like to go behind the scenes at the FCC and see what the SV criteria actually is....
I have come to the realization that caling DN about ANY future plans is a waste of electricity..The CSR's are told nothing...That said, with E* it is a wait and see game..

Questioner said:
If only there was a place that got providence and boston locals.
IMO all subs should get the same local channels that cable subs in that same area...for example, if a cable sub in central NJ gets locals from NYC and PHL then the Sat co's should provide those channels as well..This would end all the controversy surrounding SV..

dishcomm said:
IMO all subs should get the same local channels that cable subs in that same area...for example, if a cable sub in central NJ gets locals from NYC and PHL then the Sat co's should provide those channels as well..This would end all the controversy surrounding SV..

As stated before in all the other threads on this similar topic; the DBS companies are not denying users. They have their hands tied by the FCC thanks to being fought at every turn by the NAB and cable companies. By law they can only provide what they are allowed to when it comes to locals and SV channels. They have managed to keep DBS from providing equal services for over a decade and continue to fight against the level playing field, but this is SLOWLY changing.

charper1 said:
As stated before in all the other threads on this similar topic; the DBS companies are not denying users. They have their hands tied by the FCC thanks to being fought at every turn by the NAB and cable companies. By law they can only provide what they are allowed to when it comes to locals and SV channels. They have managed to keep DBS from providing equal services for over a decade and continue to fight against the level playing field, but this is SLOWLY changing.
Not saying the DBS co's are denying anything..
I am well aware of the lobbying efforts by the cable industry and the NAB..In fact to my knowledge it was the efforts by these that kept DBS out of the local tv market until common sense stepped ina and told Cable and the NAB to stick it..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)