HAS ANY ONE USED THE BIRDOG USB PLUS TO POINT A SUPER DISH

eddiefox

Original poster
Aug 16, 2011
Phoenix,AZ
Hello,

I am a directv tech who just started working for a dish network contractor and i am having problems with the super dish and the 500
i don't know if its a setting on my meter that i need to change or if its me not doing something right.
what happens is my meter will say 100% found and in the house it will say 25% also i cant get 119 and 110 at the same time its either one or the other I have my meter connected to the small lnbf that has one connection on it and is on the right side of the dish when looking strait at the lnb from behind the reflector .
i just want to know how do i set up my meter to point the super dish and what satellite to peak (110 OR 119) so i can get all the satellites working. I live in phoenix Arizona, also what satellites am I suppose to get with the super dish and 500 I kinda already know but just want to confirm,

Can any one help with this and give me a few tech tips about the dish network satellites

new tech using birddog

Hello,

I am a directv tech who just started working for a dish network contractor and i am having problems with the super dish and the 500
i don't know if its a setting on my meter that i need to change or if its me not doing something right.
what happens is my meter will say 100% found and in the house it will say 25% also i cant get 119 and 110 at the same time its either one or the other I have my meter connected to the small lnbf that has one connection on it and is on the right side of the dish when looking strait at the lnb from behind the reflector .
i just want to know how do i set up my meter to point the super dish and what satellite to peak (110 OR 119) so i can get all the satellites working. I live in phoenix Arizona, also what satellites am I suppose to get with the super dish and 500 I kinda already know but just want to confirm

Can any one help with this and give me a few tech tips about the dish network satellites

First you need to get rid of the birddog and get a super sat buddy, its really the only accepted tool

Yea, I am really considering getting the sat buddy when i get a lil more money not a new one but one on ebay or something
any model you recommend? but until then i will keep using the birdog but does any one know why i get 100% on the meter and like 25% in the house
and is there a way to change that?

Yea, I am really considering getting the sat buddy when i get a lil more money not a new one but one on ebay or something
any model you recommend? but until then i will keep using the birdog but does any one know why i get 100% on the meter and like 25% in the house
and is there a way to change that?
It may help to know that DISH receivers tend to read pretty low. A flaming hot signal is something around 70.

25 is awfully low but as was pointed out, if you're not reading the right satellite, it is all kinda pointless.

I'm wondering why you're having to deal with Superdishes (except those that have been converted to 1000s).

I get called out for service calls and 75% of the time they have the superdish, I really don't know what i am doing wrong or why i am having such a hard time with this
one thing is how many satellites is the superdish suppose to get and what satellite do i peak to get all of them?

super dish is the old one but should have the same LNB as 500+ 1000+ and now are called 500+ or 1000+ depending on what sats its getting.

500+ is 110,119,118 1000+ is 110,119,118,129 those are the order of the connectors from right to left when behind the dish . Conecting to a 3x3 3x4 or 44 switch should be in the order of 119,110,118 or 119,110,129,118 on a 44 switch

To peak i get in 119 first then fine tune the 118 as best as possible on the meeter.

The Superdish gets three slots: 110W, 119W and either 105W or 121W. 105W isn't used anymore and 121W is mostly special business feeds.

Which satellite you use for peaking depends on which version of the Superdish you have. Generally speaking, you hook up to the "wing" LNB (119W on a Superdish 105 or 110W on a Superdish 121) and peak that first. If everything else is set right, the other birds should come in without a fuss.

I have a Super Sat Buddy for sale that you can use to tune that dish in real quick. It's used but in great shape. Asking $450 which gets it shipped to you. You will pay $700+ for a new one. Serious inquires please PM me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)