Has anyone been brave enough to open up their Visionsat iv200 PVR?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rjc3895

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
I love the Visionsat 200. I don't like the fact that the usb port is on the front.

I was wondering if anyone has peeked inside their box to see how the usb port is connected to the mainboard. If there is a usb socket on the mainboard, then it would be a fairly simple task to make a small opening on the back of the box and, using a usb internal cable, run the usb port out the back of the receiver. Of course this would void any warranty, but at least I could close the front door :)

I have the Visionsat 200. I do not like the USB port location either. Mainly the fact that you had to open the little door to access it. What I did was neatly cut a hole in the door big enough to fit the USB cable through. I was not brave enough to open the case for fear of damaging the unit.

I also have the GeoSATPro DVR-1100c which has the USB port in the rear. The Visionsat 200 is easier to access if you do a lot of swapping the cable back and forth between a computer like I do.

been there, seen that ...

Having the connector behind a front-located door is silly, that's for sure.
But, the general operation of the unit is great, so I overlook that one lapse of sensibility. ;)
And, after a year, I no longer really care where the connector is located.

edit: I made a suggestion in the review thread for solving the problem; scroll down to post #33.

My buddy emailed me photos. See attached pictures below.
I'm pretty sure I also took off the lid and looked for myself. :)

Attachments

• TopView-DSCN0027.JPG
    TopView-DSCN0027.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 168
  • USBfrontPanel-DSCN0029.JPG
    USBfrontPanel-DSCN0029.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Thanks Anole.
I was looking for that post but could not find it. My speed reading skills suck:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)