Has anyone been charged for a good 722?

blanquitoman1984

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Fontana, CA
I just called Dish/Att and said that the DVR was acting weird such as pressing the DVR button and it takes a long time to react. While watching an OTA channel and press rewind, I could only watch about 5 seconds and it will automatically go to "live TV". Then I was told to unplug the DVR. The last recordings have also been choppy. Temp has been as high as 140 and a low of 120 with nothing blocking the vents. Last thing she asked me to check is this.

Menu-6-1-3-Details-"Check for Value"

Value 0:0
Value 1:0
Value 2:0
Value 3:0
Value 4:6
Value 5:0
Value 6:0
Value 7:-2
Value 8:1
Value 9:0

She said -2 is a bad indication (Anyone know what this is?)

After all that, she says that they are told to say that if it turns out that nothing is wrong with the DVR I will be charged full price:eek:
Or if it turns out it is my fault I will be charged:eek:
Has anyone been charged for a good DVR?:confused:
Do you agree that the DVR is bad?:confused:

Anyone tell me what your values are (just to compare)?:confused:

Last edited:
From what I gather, value 7 only applies to 522s but it also says "anything other than 4 the hard drive is malfunctioning". You have a -2 in value 7 and I think that's the only value that could be causing problems with the receivers.

My suggestion is to get it replaced anyways, I've never been charged for a full receiver after replacing it. They just replaced my 622 a few months ago for free and this one has been better.

From what I gather, value 7 only applies to 522s but it also says "anything other than 4 the hard drive is malfunctioning". You have a -2 in value 7 and I think that's the only value that could be causing problems with the receivers.

My suggestion is to get it replaced anyways, I've never been charged for a full receiver after replacing it. They just replaced my 622 a few months ago for free and this one has been better.

Did they ever tell you anything about the 622 that had been replaced?

Did they ever tell you anything about the 622 that had been replaced?

Nope. The receiver kept rebooting for no reason even while watching live TV, I finally got fed up and called them. They replaced it and sent a refurbished receiver but it's been pretty solid with a couple of reboots while they were testing L615.

Those are exactly the values I get on my "good" 722. The other is recording 2 programs and I cannot do a menu-6-1-3 right now. I think these are irrelevant.
BTW, CC was not working and while writing this it came back on the "bad" one.
-Ken

This is what I have on a 622:

Value 4:0
Value 8:0

This is on the 722:

Looks like both receivers have that Value 7 at -2.

This is what I have on a 622:

Value 8:0

This is on the 722:

Looks like both receivers have that Value 7 at -2.

Thanks for your reply.

Darn it!, Looks like my problem is not 7 instead it is 4 and 6. Well I have been playing with te Dvr and the problem seems to be the 3rd tuner which seems to be the problem with my OTA DVR function's.My best guess is that the part of the hard drive that is dedicated to the OTA recordings is probably bad because everything else is working fine. Just that when I press the DVR button it seems to take long to respond I guess the Hard Drive is just bad. I cannot find anything else that could be the problem. Well, once again, thank you for your help durring the day.:up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts