Has anyone else been talking to Executive Offices of Dish Network recently ?

I have written two letters. The first one complaining about phone email answers from CSRs resulted in a call from someone whose sole interest was finding out whether the answers I quoted in the letter were the total answer (they were). The second letter complaining that the caller made no effort to resolve any problems got another call (to my voicemail). I was out of town so left a return voicemail saying I would call when I got back. I have made two calls since to her VM with noo return call.

The pattern that has emerged here seems obvious. Dish has been treading water anyway they can in an effort to keep the churn to a minimum without committing to anything.

I talked to Jason Utz before he went on his 4 week apartment hunting trek. He basically told me everything I wanted to hear - even promised to swap me out a 921 for my 811. Then nothing. No more calls or responses to my calls and emails. When I finally wrote to "ceo" again, I got another rep, Judd Strictland who at first basically agreed with everything Jason had said. Even stated that the 921 had been shipped. When this dragged out as long as I could stand it, they finally told me that the deal had been canceled from "higher up".

When that all started to fall apart, I started posting about it here. Soon after that, "BFG" here advised me to turn my PM on because someone was trying to contact me. It turned out to be another person at Dish - Justin, who said he may be able to help. After telling him everything that had happened with Jason and Judd, this is what he said:
To: 'Walt Mather'
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 6:33 PM
Subject: RE: Reply from WaltinVt
Walt:
I am sorry to hear that things have ended up like this. I did pass your information to a manager of the EODN department for follow-up. She advised me that she would look over your account and have someone contact you.
I just got back to my desk and got your message then promptly walked your information down to her.

Name & Email Removed by Request

She never got hold of me and I never heard any more from anyone at Dish. My guess is that they realized they could stall no longer and were just waiting for me to actually cancel and then, who knows, maybe they'd do something. I don't know because I haven't done anymore either - yet.

Bottom line - as much as I despise Dish, I realize that they know EXACTLY where they stand in relation to "D". Their executive department people are pros at the retention game. With access to your viewing habits from day one, any letters or emails you've sent and probably anything you've ever said to a CSR, they know just how far they can push you and just how little to give to keep you. That's not to say they don't screw up - they do but when it comes to playing the customer retention game, I think they're a lot better than we give them credit for. If you're going to win with them, you've got to be willing to play tough and follow through.

Yup, I am not giving up. This game is ridiculous and I know they are reading these post right now.

Dish_Watcher is back again reading my post. Well, maybe you can get me info how to resolve my problem.

Pils said:
Yup, I am not giving up. This game is ridiculous and I know they are reading these post right now.

Pils said:
Just curious Dish_Watcher, you work for E*?

Pils said:
Dish_Watcher is back again reading my post. Well, maybe you can get me info how to resolve my problem.

Stop spamming the thread. It won't get your question answered but it WILL piss off people.

Pils said:

Obviously and if you look at my post, you'll see that the name of the Dish person was removed ! I don't understand why that was done. Scott ???? That was an honest post and exactly what I received.

Why was my post edited ?

waltinvt said:
The pattern that has emerged here seems obvious. Dish has been treading water anyway they can in an effort to keep the churn to a minimum without committing to anything.

I talked to Jason Utz before he went on his 4 week apartment hunting trek. He basically told me everything I wanted to hear - even promised to swap me out a 921 for my 811. Then nothing. No more calls or responses to my calls and emails. When I finally wrote to "ceo" again, I got another rep, Judd Strictland who at first basically agreed with everything Jason had said. Even stated that the 921 had been shipped. When this dragged out as long as I could stand it, they finally told me that the deal had been canceled from "higher up".

When that all started to fall apart, I started posting about it here. Soon after that, "BFG" here advised me to turn my PM on because someone was trying to contact me. It turned out to be another person at Dish - Justin (name removed), who said he may be able to help. After telling him everything that had happened with Jason and Judd, this is what he said:
To: 'Walt Mather'
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 6:33 PM
Subject: RE: Reply from WaltinVt
Walt:
I am sorry to hear that things have ended up like this. I did pass your information to a manager of the EODN department for follow-up. She advised me that she would look over your account and have someone contact you.
I just got back to my desk and got your message then promptly walked your information down to her.

Name & Email Removed by Request

She never got hold of me and I never heard any more from anyone at Dish. My guess is that they realized they could stall no longer and were just waiting for me to actually cancel and then, who knows, maybe they'd do something. I don't know because I haven't done anymore either - yet.

Bottom line - as much as I despise Dish, I realize that they know EXACTLY where they stand in relation to "D". Their executive department people are pros at the retention game. With access to your viewing habits from day one, any letters or emails you've sent and probably anything you've ever said to a CSR, they know just how far they can push you and just how little to give to keep you. That's not to say they don't screw up - they do but when it comes to playing the customer retention game, I think they're a lot better than we give them credit for. If you're going to win with them, you've got to be willing to play tough and follow through.

Scott,
The more I think about, the more ticked I am that you removed the name of the Dish person that emailed me. If you follow this thread back, you'll see that I waited 2 months before mentioning his name and posting the email. I said early on that I was giving them time to rectify the situation, which they didn't. I think others here ought to know who these people are at Dish and what kind of BS they're pedaling us. Everything I posted is true.

If I broke a forum rule or something then I apologize but these people at Dish (and "D" is too but I haven't got emails to back it up) seem to be using any tactic they can to deceive / appease customers. I'm sure mine are just one example and others are having similar experiences - which is what this thread is all about.

What they're doing needs to be exposed to the rest of the members here.

Walt you don't need to post the personal contacts of dish people to show your displeasure. You can note it fine without. The reason e-mails are removed, is because they are private. It's almost similar if I had your SSN number and posted it on a forum for everyone else to see it. The folks at dish have non-disclosure agreements and cannot not talk about matters in the company to the public, hense the reason the PM method was needed to try to help you personally.

Anyways chaddux. I might note that over a four week period I had no response. Then finally today out of the blue after posting my above messages, Jason emailed a response to me. Coincidence, I think not. But he has a lame excuse for not contacting me. E* is reading this thread and this may get the ball rolling. Who is getting pissed off? I am pissed because I am a customer and getting cheated. Anyways, that is all I got for you.

BFG said:
Walt you don't need to post the personal contacts of dish people to show your displeasure. You can note it fine without. The reason e-mails are removed, is because they are private. It's almost similar if I had your SSN number and posted it on a forum for everyone else to see it. The folks at dish have non-disclosure agreements and cannot not talk about matters in the company to the public, hense the reason the PM method was needed to try to help you personally.

Thanks for the explaination Bryan. I guess what confused me was that the names of the 2 other Dish employees were not eradicated from the post but then their names were not part of an actual included email either.

Part of me understands what you're saying but I also feel that we should be able to post names of any sat provider employee when they're using deceptive tatics with customers.

There's a lot of crap going on right now with "D", "E", the FCC & Congress and sat customers are really getting the short end of the stick from all sides. The only weapon we have is "collective bitching" and I'm not sure how much good that's doing other than raising the stress level.

There - I feel better now.!protest :rolleyes:

And the reason you haven't just told Dish to piss off is??? Seriously why don't you just cancel them and go with D*? Maybe I missed something but it seems like you're going through an awful lot of bs for nothing.

kbohip said:
And the reason you haven't just told Dish to piss off is??? Seriously why don't you just cancel them and go with D*? Maybe I missed something but it seems like you're going through an awful lot of bs for nothing.

I was all set to go to "D" but they told me I couldn't qualify for any of the HD DNS and at lease with "E", I still have my CBS HD.

However it appears that "D" was misreading the new law and are now starting to use waiver / qualifing for people in unserved areas for HD DNS. I don't care about analog DNS, so as soon as I can be sure I'll get HD DNS from "D", I'll go with them and drop "E".

waltinvt said:
I was all set to go to "D" but they told me I couldn't qualify for any of the HD DNS and at lease with "E", I still have my CBS HD.

However it appears that "D" was misreading the new law and are now starting to use waiver / qualifing for people in unserved areas for HD DNS. I don't care about analog DNS, so as soon as I can be sure I'll get HD DNS from "D", I'll go with them and drop "E".

waltinvt: I've been following the thread over at AVS and it sounds like a convoluted hit or miss proposition even for their existing customers. Make sure you are viewing D* HD-DNS before you terminate E* and risk losing what you have now. Good luck, keep us informed.

NightRyder

Sweet bob if this crap doesn't sound familer. I've cancelled about 10 days ago and get get these bastardi's to get the damn box shipped to me to return the equipment. To top it all off I found I have a $35 credit in my account that I'm sure I won't see a check for anytime soon. How in the blue hell they can get the JD Power ASS for customer service is beyond me.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=402164#post402164

Is it possible for cable to be worse than this? Hey, DirecTv was tied with Dish Network with the J.D. award so does that mean that they are just as bad?

The cable company I had in TX before moving up north was great. When we disconnected before coming up here they seemed glad to get their equipment back. This is the first I heard of DN being tied for the award with DTV.

Man ! This thread is getting a lot of hits

First off, I want to make some slight amendments about my posts of yesterday afternoon. Scott was correct in removing the name of the Dish rep that the email was from in my post.

And in hindsight, I'm glad he did as that person was actually instrumental in passing my concerns on to others within the department and NOT one of the sources of my dissatisfaction. In fact, that person, who by the way monitors this list constantly, called me last night to see if my concerns were being addressed by Dish.

That person is actually involved with the technical aspects of Dish hardware and like I said, monitors this discussion group on a regular basis. He appears quite interested in Dish customer's equipment concerns and you can be assured that what we post here IS getting passed on.

As for the rest of my post - the part about the customer service reps reneging on a deal, and "dropping" the ball, etc. I stand by all that BUT want to add a new development:

Within a few hours of my post yesterday, I received a phone call from another rep with the Dish Executive Department Offices. He was "wondering how I ever made out" with my previous negotiations with Justin and Judd. I guess this takes away any doubt that Dish IS monitoring these threads. I hear nothing for weeks and within 2 hours of posting a scathing message about how I was treated by Dish I get a call ?

Anyway, this person, Charles listened to my concerns and said he'd follow up on things. I said what I wanted and he called back within an hour with a counter offer. I said I'd think about it but wasn't too thrilled and countered his offer. He said he'd take that back to the table and get back to me in a few days, as he's off on Thur & Fri.

So there you have it. Dish IS watching what's said here. Apparently if you're a good enough customer, they'll respond in some manner. What they'll actually do remains to be seen but at least we're talking again.

WaltinVt

glad to hear dish is bucking up and coming bqack to the table, kinda reminds me of players union vs nhl, hopefully you will be able to get all your differences worked out with dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts