Has anyone else been talking to Executive Offices of Dish Network recently ?

Good luck walt, hope to hear back from them as well. All I can get is an email and a lame excuse why the can't contact me. But I will sure keep the heat on until they actually listen to my problem.

at least you got a reply......

"Apparently if you're a good enough customer, they'll respond in some manner."
Only if you're lucky!!!!!

After five phone calls and five different answers, trying to get a simple move and upgrade question answered (supervisors included) my wife asked to be cancelled. Been a customer since 99 with AEP, and they took her cancellation without any question. I emailed them at the ceo@echostar address twice with contact phone numbers and received absolutely no phone call, or email reply. This has been over 3 wks ago. Now with Charter and waiting to see what shakes out with D or Voom. ........Unbelievable!!! :mad:

Altho I had not really had too many negative issues with CS, I voted my displeasure with Dish using my Checkbook. They no longer get $120/month from me. Nor will they in the near future.
Cable has my business now and depneding on how d LOOKS (HARDWare price wise) when they roll out Mpeg4, they may get my business.

If you aren't happy, just switch. Eventually, a company that has a churn rate approaching Dish's right now, will get the message.

Yup, been there since 96 and they don't care to say the least. I have been on them to do something so you have to be persistant. Sorry to hear.

waltinvt\ said:
<snip>...... Within a few hours of my post yesterday, I received a phone call from another rep with the Dish Executive Department Offices. He was "wondering how I ever made out" with my previous negotiations with Justin and Judd. I guess this takes away any doubt that Dish IS monitoring these threads. I hear nothing for weeks and within 2 hours of posting a scathing message about how I was treated by Dish I get a call ?

Anyway, this person, Charles listened to my concerns and said he'd follow up on things. I said what I wanted and he called back within an hour with a counter offer. I said I'd think about it but wasn't too thrilled and countered his offer. He said he'd take that back to the table and get back to me in a few days, as he's off on Thur & Fri.

So there you have it. Dish IS watching what's said here. Apparently if you're a good enough customer, they'll respond in some manner. What they'll actually do remains to be seen but at least we're talking again.

WaltinVt

Just an update that it's Tuesday morning and I have still not heard from anyone at Dish since the origional conversation last Wednsday. We'll see if they follow through or drop the ball again. I'll keep this thread posted.

waltinvt\ said:
Just an update that it's Thursday morning and I have still not heard from anyone at Dish since the origional conversation last Wednsday. We'll see if they follow through or drop the ball again. I'll keep this thread posted.
Today is Tuesday

Although I just placed an order to lease an 811 and to have
a second sat antenna added....I am now second guessing my
plans.

I look at E* and they appear to go out of their way to hide
any and all plans they may or may not have to upgrade their
services. Charlie must be a "wanna be" boxer, he bobs and
weaves at almost every question thrown at him.

On the other side, D* spend millions during the "Big Game"
(I don't have permission from the NFL to use the "SuperBowl"
trademark....LOL) to announce plans to increase their HD
programming.

From what I can tell...D* does rebroadcast the four networks
in HD....does anyone know that this is in fact true?

netminder32 said:
Although I just placed an order to lease an 811 and to have
a second sat antenna added....I am now second guessing my
plans.

I look at E* and they appear to go out of their way to hide
any and all plans they may or may not have to upgrade their
services. Charlie must be a "wanna be" boxer, he bobs and
weaves at almost every question thrown at him.

On the other side, D* spend millions during the "Big Game"
(I don't have permission from the NFL to use the "SuperBowl"
trademark....LOL) to announce plans to increase their HD
programming.

From what I can tell...D* does rebroadcast the four networks
in HD....does anyone know that this is in fact true?

Charlie isn't really a boxer, he's a high stakes poker player

D* does have the 4 networks in HD, but.....They are pretty much limited to O&O areas. There are reports that some in non O&O areas have managed to get the HD networks but it seems hit and miss and with plenty of hoop jumping.

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
Charlie isn't really a boxer, he's a high stakes poker player

D* does have the 4 networks in HD, but.....They are pretty much limited to O&O areas. There are reports that some in non O&O areas have managed to get the HD networks but it seems hit and miss and with plenty of hoop jumping.
NightRyder

I can see the "poker player"....but it doesn't appear he is
a good one...lol

As far as D*....if I am in the L.A. market, would I have limber up for
hoop jumping?

I would be curious to know if there are subscibers that are in fact
jumping ship. And if so, is it happening with more frequency.... :confused:

netminder32 said:
I can see the "poker player"....but it doesn't appear he is
a good one...lol

As far as D*....if I am in the L.A. market, would I have limber up for
hoop jumping?

I would be curious to know if there are subscibers that are in fact
jumping ship. And if so, is it happening with more frequency.... :confused:

Well I can't really comment on his poker skill, but he's worth over 9 billion dollars and has the only profitable DBS company in the US, so he must be pretty good at business.

If your in the L.A. market you should qualify for D* L.A. HD Networks.

E* churn rate last year was 1.6%, which is in line with D*. V* churn rate was over 10%.

Remember the view you will get of any satellite company in this type of forum is distorted in relation to the subscribers in general.

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
Remember the view you will get of any satellite company in this
type of forum is distorted in relation to the subscribers in general.

NightRyder

I do understand that what we see on this type of forum is very
small sampling of the customer base....and on top of that, we
will almost never hear from those that are happy with the service.

As far as being worth billions, that may be true, and that may be
an important indicator of his business skills....but I may see things
in a way that is differant than others. I worked for a baby bell
that was driven by profits and I witnessed the dollar taking priority
over customer service.

I guess my issue is the fact that Charlie goes out of his way to
"hide his hand"....I would hate to think he has increased the size
of his "chip stack" by being a good "bluffer"

you are now. My wife and I have had E* for 3 plus years now and have had zero complaints. All we have is the plain jane receiver with the AT 120 and sports multi pack. Since Sirius was added, i've listened to more music in the last year than I have in the last 3 or 4 years combined. We don't bother with our locals since we pick them up crystal clear using old fashioned rabbit ears.

Other than the occasional breif outage during a driving rain storm, we've had no problems at all with receiption and I cann't remember the last time we've had to call into customer service.

My only request: Would I like to see NFL Network and KC Royals baseball since I live in Royals TV country added? heck yeah. Would my son love to have PBS Kids added? Heck yeah. As far as my wife goes, she's thrilled with the channel selection we currently have.

netminder32 said:
I do understand that what we see on this type of forum is very small sampling of the customer base....and on top of that, we

it seems most customer service calls involve more complex boxes like pvr's and hd boxes, they should have the plain boxes down since they have had them out for years and years. but glad you haven't had a problem. I am waiting for my call back today also, probably won't hear a thing but they will.

garn9173 said:
My only request: Would I like to see NFL Network and KC Royals baseball since I live in Royals TV country added? heck yeah.

What about the baseball club on the other side of Missouri?
Sorry, back on topic.

netminder32 said:
I do understand that what we see on this type of forum is very
small sampling of the customer base....and on top of that, we

As far as being worth billions, that may be true, and that may be
an important indicator of his business skills....but I may see things
in a way that is differant than others. I worked for a baby bell
that was driven by profits and I witnessed the dollar taking priority
over customer service.

I guess my issue is the fact that Charlie goes out of his way to
"hide his hand"....I would hate to think he has increased the size
of his "chip stack" by being a good "bluffer"

I have no complaints with Dish and I even own a 921 dvr which works for me.
I don't think now is a good time to be doing any announcments whilst one is attempting to purchase a steal of a deal from the soap opera Cablevision and at the same time shuffle crap with the FCC.

garn9173 said:
you are now. My wife and I have had E* for 3 plus years now and have had zero complaints. All we have is the plain jane receiver with the AT 120 and sports multi pack. Since Sirius was added, i've listened to more music in the last year than I have in the last 3 or 4 years combined. We don't bother with our locals since we pick them up crystal clear using old fashioned rabbit ears.

Other than the occasional breif outage during a driving rain storm, we've had no problems at all with receiption and I cann't remember the last time we've had to call into customer service.

My only request: Would I like to see NFL Network and KC Royals baseball since I live in Royals TV country added? heck yeah. Would my son love to have PBS Kids added? Heck yeah. As far as my wife goes, she's thrilled with the channel selection we currently have.

Its becoming more and more obvious that E* is the becoming the provider for those who live in crappy cable areas or dont have cable service at all. (thats probably quite a few areas). However, many people who live in/near big cities have seen their options grow dramatically in the cable arena recently and even the base prices between E* and say comcast have narrowed.

Where I live in SW VA the only cable options are in the local towns. They don't expand out to the rural areas. That leaves me with a choice of D* or E* and personally I like E* better than D*. Never had a problem or hardly any rain fade either. And I agree with garn9173, they have everything I need including Sirius :D. They fit my "niche" needs well with a 311/301 box.

NightRyder said:
Well I can't really comment on his poker skill, but he's worth over 9 billion dollars and has the only profitable DBS company in the US, so he must be pretty good at business.

If your in the L.A. market you should qualify for D* L.A. HD Networks.

E* churn rate last year was 1.6%, which is in line with D*. V* churn rate was over 10%.

Remember the view you will get of any satellite company in this type of forum is distorted in relation to the subscribers in general.

NightRyder

charlie the clown ergen is worth 7.2 billion
keith rupert murdock is worth 7.8 billion
chuckles the senile dolan is worth 1.9 billion

directv has over 14 mil cx
no star has over 11 mli, but the SEC is investigating
voom has 41 thou, go figure

check forbes richest, that is the source

he who dies with the most,,,,,,,,,,,,wins :)

I was very happy with Dish for many years until I got the DVR bug via a quirky box called the "Dishplayer 7200", which was a real adventure. Dish finally lost me as a customer when they refused to reduce their $9.99/mo. DVR fee to match what some other DishPlayer customers were getting (see 'long story' below).

I moved to D* to get a "better DVR experience" and for me the DirecTiVos have been just great - stable, reliable, etc. from the very first day.

The only way I know to get the attention of E* is to "vote with your feet".

The long story: For a time, Dish offered Dishplayer buyers 3 years of "DVR service fee" for $99, which was a good deal - it would have been about $360 otherwise.

I purchased my Dishplayer just after this "DVR fee special" ended, so like a good Joe I paid $9.99/mo. Well, when the 3 year 'special deal' ended Dish tried to charge them an annual DVR fee in one big lump on their bill (bad move by Dish) and they hissed and moaned, so Dish backed off and said to them "OK, no DVR fees until after the first of the year", so this was going to mean 6 months of no DVR fee - worth about $60.

I called and talked to a Dish manager and said "Hey, I've paid you guys nearly $360 over the past 3 years in DVR fees (instead of $99 like many others), so could you give me the same break so I can get the next 6 months DVR fees waived too?" I also reminded him that I'd been a Dish customer since 1996 and also had to put up with some really goofy crap with the Dishplayer and it's... ummm... "immature software".

The Dish manager reply was, basically, "Tough Schitt". After that, I started figuring out what my options were with D*. When I found my Dishplayer and 5000 rcvr would not work with the new SuperDish (which I would need to get my new locals) I dumped Dish and switched to D*.

The Echostar retention people made a feeble attempt to keep me as a customer and I asked if they would replace my Dishplayer and 5000 if I stayed and they said "no", but we can offer you a free month of HBO and Showtime if you stay :eek:. After thinking about it for a whole 120mS, I said "no thanks" and hung up.

I sold the Dishplayer on Ebay for enough to buy 2 DirecTivos, one "vanilla" receiver and had money left over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)