Has anyone else been talking to Executive Offices of Dish Network recently ?

MustangLX89 said:
The cable company I had in TX before moving up north was great. When we disconnected before coming up here they seemed glad to get their equipment back. This is the first I heard of DN being tied for the award with DTV.

D* was rated something like .1 less than E* which made it just about even...

Well, E* has lost me. I have been with them since 96 and have been working on resolving numerous issues with them for over 5 weeks. Anyone out there with problems talking to the executive office customer resolutions with Judd, Jason, or Kristen, don't hang on. These people purposely drag you on week after week saying they will see what deal they can work out and call you back in a weeks time. It turns out my problem was not a big deal and all they could offer me was by giving me a leased 811 in exchange for my purchased 510 and then I just have to pay $50 for shipping. Then waited another week to see if they could offer another deal, and this deal was the exact same. Do not put up with this, just walk no. This company has no respect or decency.

Well looks like Dish did it again

WaltinVt\ said:
<snip>...... Within a few hours of my post yesterday, I received a phone call from another rep with the Dish Executive Department Offices. He was "wondering how I ever made out" with my previous negotiations with Justin and Judd. I guess this takes away any doubt that Dish IS monitoring these threads. I hear nothing for weeks and within 2 hours of posting a scathing message about how I was treated by Dish I get a call ?

Anyway, this person, Charles listened to my concerns and said he'd follow up on things. I said what I wanted and he called back within an hour with a counter offer. I said I'd think about it but wasn't too thrilled and countered his offer. He said he'd take that back to the table and get back to me in a few days, as he's off on Thur & Fri.

So there you have it. Dish IS watching what's said here. Apparently if you're a good enough customer, they'll respond in some manner. What they'll actually do remains to be seen but at least we're talking again.
WaltinVt

waltinvt said:
Followup: Just an update that it's Tuesday morning and I have still not heard from anyone at Dish since the origional conversation last Wednsday. We'll see if they follow through or drop the ball again. I'll keep this thread posted.

Sat 3/26 Status:
You people are probably tired of this thread but I promised I'd keep it updated so any of you following it would know the outcome.

It's been 10 days and I still have heard nothing back from Dish.

I'm beginning to think the real reason Dish monitors these threads is so they can diffuse "anti-Dish" posts before they get too hot. This has happened too often now and the pattern seems to be:

You post something that makes Dish look bad.
Dish calls you and tells you whatever to calm you down long enough for the thread to die out but they never really follow through.

So I guess I can add Charles x to the list. Within an hour of my post of 3/16 about the deceptive pratices of Dish Exuctive Office CSRs I was contacted by Charles and Justin (Justin was just making sure someone from Dish had contacted me - he seems like a pretty straight shooter but he's not in customer service).

Anyway, Charles made me an offer. I made a counter offer. He said he'd get back to me that night or Sat at latest. I let it go until Tuesday and posted brief update here. It's now Sat 3/26 and I still haven't heard anything.

I'll give it until early next week and then I'll start a new thread. People need to be aware of what's going on behind the scenes between Dish and their long time customers - both good and bad. I've been with them since mid 90s and although I've had my share of run-ins, I've basically seen them as the better choice. They've done a few good things for me through the years and I've always posted about that. But lately things have changed and I don't like what I see. Hopfully it's only temporary.

WaltinVt

I am one that is not tired of these updates....I am,
maybe one of many, leaning more and more in the
direction of D*.

netminder32 said:
I am one that is not tired of these updates....I am,
maybe one of many, leaning more and more in the
direction of D*.

Although I'm not real happy with "E" right now, my posts are more intended to put a stop to the dishonesty and general BS that Dish CSRs are giving their customers. I've also had some issues with "D" but they've been in the context of an "E" sub possibly switching to "D". Those CSRs are generally a few notches down the pole from what Executive Office and Retention departments are supposed to be.

So I'm not saying which way you should go, that's an individule decision. I haven't made the final decision myself. It will probably depend on if "D" accepts my waivers for the HD DNS before "E" comes through on an equipment deal.

WaltinVt

I have learned they just say they will try to work something out and get back to you in a week and they never give an honest effort at working things out. They just postpone until someone gives up. I just know I will not be recommending anyone I know on their service. Sorry to hear the same old story over and over again but its good to keep people posted, hopefully E* will try to solve their CSR matters.

I too have been a dish subscriber since 97. I detest cox cable, but I have a feeling when we move to our new house in the next year or two, I may have to succumb to cox. They have HDTV DVR's available now.

I just don't appreciate the way Dish treats existing customers, whether they've been subscribers for 1 year or 10 years. it's really sad.

I have pushed dish onto my friends with the dishclub, but sometimes I feel guilty because they don't know what they are getting into, and it could ruin our friendships if they experience some of the things I've experienced with Dish.

Oh well, business goes on...

All of my ordeal has just about been handled. I am due a check for overpayment in the next week sometime. I used the ceo@dish email and Amada got the ball rolling for me. The one thing I did discover is that Dish needs to seriously train and make certain their csr's have accurate and up to date information to the customers questions. I was told by several csr's that the 15 day return period starts the day you cancel and another tells me it starts the day you recieve the return boxes. Two different stories that did nothing but cause worry and confusion on our end.

Pils said:
Well, E* has lost me. I have been with them since 96 and have been working on resolving numerous issues with them for over 5 weeks. Anyone out there with problems talking to the executive office customer resolutions with Judd, Jason, or Kristen, don't hang on. These people purposely drag you on week after week saying they will see what deal they can work out and call you back in a weeks time. It turns out my problem was not a big deal and all they could offer me was by giving me a leased 811 in exchange for my purchased 510 and then I just have to pay $50 for shipping. Then waited another week to see if they could offer another deal, and this deal was the exact same. Do not put up with this, just walk no. This company has no respect or decency.
hey pils, it seems as if charlie is screwing a loyal customers blind at least that what it appears as in your case, have they made any reasonable offers to keep you as a customer rather than trade in a owned box for a leased box?

They offered me the horrible deal of my working box for a leased box, then said they will see what they can do as I pointed how unfair and unequal the deal was. A week later, the same deal was offered back to me, and she said she worked on this getting this deal for over a week and it was the best they could offer. What a joke, between Kristen, Judd, Jason.

New Update. This company is incredible, all I want to do is get rid of them and I can't even do that without conflict. Now they are claiming a 301 I have had for 4 years is theirs and they will charge me for the box if they don't get it back. It's on... :yes

With these tactics....I would be very curious
to know if they are losing an above average
number of accounts to other providers....
just a thought.

I know I had hell getting my stuff delt with when I needed to cancel. All I can say is stay on top of them because if you don't it'll bite you in the arse. Good Luck.

netminder32 said:
With these tactics....I would be very curious
to know if they are losing an above average
number of accounts to other providers....
just a thought.

No, actually their churn is extremely low... about 1.6%. Which is about 19 TIMES less than V*'s was in 2004, but about equal to D*'s.

We all agree that E* is failing to execute in a big way lately, but it hasn't shown up in the numbers yet........

Easy Fix for all the Dish problems.

Just hire more people for the CEO@ Dish xxx.com email address.

THey seem to care, but are just hard to be a hold of on the the phone.

They must be real short handed there.

Hire more and pay more always seems to help.

I just wrote the CEO about my issues with Dish which boil down to Pricing, Fees, Content, HDTV support, delayed NBR support and more. Hope to hear back from them and get some answers.

Seems to be a pattern here

waltinvt\ said:
[/i]
Sat 3/26 Status: It's been 10 days and I still have heard nothing back from Dish. <snip>....I'll give it until early next week .......
WaltinVt

3/31 Status: Charles has still not got back to me.

That makes 3 exec office Dish reps (Jason, Judd & Charles) that have weighed in on this fiasco. Each has basically followed the same pattern of:
1. Quick initial response to "difuse" the negative posting.
2. Imply it can be worked out but delay as long as possible.
3. No follow up unless the situation "goes public" again.

As I said, I will start a new thread on this. I just need to gather the facts and compose it in a fair but accurate manner.

This is obviously a topic of intrest as this thread got an incredible number of views and responses. I just wish others would weigh in with their experiences. It's not a matter of trying to get people to leave Dish - it's more trying to get Dish to change and improve how they treat their best customers.

WaltinVt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)