Has anyone else had issues dealing with Dish Network.

If you got a new Hopper and Dish installed it, there is ALWAYS a two year commitment.
I was able to score an upgrade to two hws from two hopper 2000s with dish install and no commitment. But yeah 99.9% of the time it does trigger a new commitment. I had a hopper 2000 go bad. The next 3 they sent me were all bad out of the box. When i called to cancel, i was lucky to get a very knowledgeable and very nice loyalty rep.

Charlie is the Chairman of the board, he sets policies, nothing happens without his approval. Dish is Charlie and Charlie is Dish.

Seriously? He has absolutely no idea what a tech tells a customer. You're correct, he is the chairman. He does have control of what the policies are. The policy states that when a customer does an equipment upgrade they must renew a 24 month commitment. As for how the tech presented it to the customer is out of his control at that time.

Reactions: ChadT41
We have electronic agreements with all the terms on an Android tablet that the customer signs. They get an email copy as soon as it's submitted.

Reactions: Tampa8 and ChadT41
Exactly what I was going to post, that is how it went last time for me when a Tech came out.

I think the OP is sincere. (as opposed to some who embellish and do not come back to post) And if he says the CSR said there would be no contract I believe him because I have zip, zero, nada faith in the telephone CSR's. But when I sign paperwork I read what it is, even if the person makes me feel like they just want me to sign.If you doubt you signed for a new contract look at your copy and see what it says to be sure. It may even say no matter what you were told by an employee the only terms are in this contract, etc etc...

Exactly what I was going to post, that is how it went last time for me when a Tech came out.

I think the OP is sincere. (as opposed to some who embellish and do not come back to post) And if he says the CSR said there would be no contract I believe him because I have zip, zero, nada faith in the telephone CSR's. But when I sign paperwork I read what it is, even if the person makes me feel like they just want me to sign.If you doubt you signed for a new contract look at your copy and see what it says to be sure. It may even say no matter what you were told by an employee the only terms are in this contract, etc etc...
Most of the Dish contracts say that. "This contract may not be altered without corporate approval" etc etc... Something along those lines. I will sift through it momentarily when I get on the laptop.

I called after 8 years of service to cancel because of my defective VIP922... Locked up regularly.. They replaced it twice with refurbished units, but I never got one that worked... Of course they do not make it easy to cancel... they sent me over to customer retention and they talked me into getting the hopper with no additional sign up period. I stressed that I was not sure I was going to stay with dish, and would not extend... They agreed to that. The hopper, while it had problems was an improvement, but I just don't get any value out of most of what Dish offers, so I cancelled. THat is when they told me that they had signed me up for 2 more years. Their position is that the installation tech should have informed me.. I did sign what was presented as an installation verification, which they say had some fine print on it. Anyway, the whole thing is sleazy an underhanded... Which is maybe why there are almot 4000 consumer complaints on the consumeraffairs website
Did you not read what you signed?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Claude, sometimes.... The calls are stored for short periods of time, and as the recording states, they are for quality assurance and training purposes. This is for internal CS only, not for External, or sales. I know you had made mention of all your employees calls being recorded, but that would be a different ball game altogether.
I agree, call in and ask for the loyalty team. The loyalty team will have the ability to send you a copy of your signed commitment. If there is a signed copy, then this is your mistake. If there is not a signed copy on record, then they will almost always absolve the commitment on the spot with no further fees. Unless you have indisputable proof that they told you that over the phone, then all that can be gone by is the fact that you signed a document acknowledging your understanding. Ignorance would not be an excuse that would cover your backside on this one, IF there is a signed doc on record.

They require the retailers to keep all calls for 2 years.

Even with my phone system I got a 1 terabyte drive and I have 535,000 calls archived for the past 12 months.

When I run out if we archive everything to 1 terabyte external drives.

Storage is cheap these days. I'm sure as big as dish is they archive calls better than me

Remember, they take more than 1 million calls a month, but they have worked on expanding their storage. That said, it is still said that they store calls for a short period of time, and all calls are used for training and quality assurance purposes. The original thing that was being pointed to was to get those calls... At anytime of the customer wants those calls they have to obtain a subpoena for the specific phone call, and proof that this one even exists. There is honestly no way for the consumer to know for a fact it does exist and the only way to prove it does exist is with a fishing expedition subpoena.
Retailers and internal controls are widely different. That I promise you Claude. You cannot compare the two, as they have two seperate sets of rules, and play 2 very very different roles within the company.

I don't know anything about the sales and cancellation calls, but I know while I was there the CS/tech calls were stored for under 2 weeks. Like I said before though, they are working on improving their system. All CS/tech and any other issue was treated the same and handled by all the same employees. Here is a shocker.... It doesn't matter what selection you choose(new connect is the exception) you will get the same representative. All frontline employees are trained on all aspects and are supposed to know where to route your call if necessary. In the last three years they have been doing a training program to make those frontline reps even better by giving them the same training as the advanced tech support team, but slimmed down a little bit. That way they can roll trucks as well, where before it was only the ATS that could do it. Broadband team is still a highly specific and individual team that acts as the broadband tech support, and loyalty team... Sometimes even as a broadband sales agent.

Calling customer support and adding it on. You will likely need a lnb addition of you are not currently getting the 118.7 orbital location. I am not sure if they still charge it, but the lnb previously cost $100 for first timers.

I don't know anything about the sales and cancellation calls, but I know while I was there the CS/tech calls were stored for under 2 weeks. Like I said before though, they are working on improving their system. All CS/tech and any other issue was treated the same and handled by all the same employees. Here is a shocker.... It doesn't matter what selection you choose(new connect is the exception) you will get the same representative. All frontline employees are trained on all aspects and are supposed to know where to route your call if necessary. In the last three years they have been doing a training program to make those frontline reps even better by giving them the same training as the advanced tech support team, but slimmed down a little bit. That way they can roll trucks as well, where before it was only the ATS that could do it. Broadband team is still a highly specific and individual team that acts as the broadband tech support, and loyalty team... Sometimes even as a broadband sales agent.

That's reasonable. Keep this for quality purposes.

But any call that has to do with new service Or cancellation should be kept longer.

Besides that if it wasn't recorded why do they have to go through 15 pages of disclosure when signing you up and when you want to cancel.

I know one thing their system is probably like mine where it doesn't record while the customer is on hold.

I wouldn't surprise me though if dish held its retailers to a higher standard then they hold themselves.

I honestly couldn't tell you about sales calls or cancellation calls, although cancellation calls still come in as regular... So likely no difference there. Sales calls may very well have a difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)