Has anyone ever heard of this??

thisisrybo

Original poster
Dec 9, 2007
Hi, I've posted here a couple of times before and it was mostly talking about my problems getting service. It's more of the same. Here's my problem. First, I ordered Dish through the internet on their website. I got all of it lined up and the appointment made and all and was excited about it. When the installer came out to make the install, he seemed not to know what he was doing or to want to make the install AT ALL at my house that particular day, and said we can't get a line of sight so you'll get no signal. He left and I was mad to say the least because if you drive around my neighborhood, you'll find about 15 to 20 dishes and they're all pointed at trees or something blocking the line of sight. Naturally, I was pondering my options as to how I could get Dish service. I looked around locally and found no luck of having someone come out to see if I can get a line of sight. I got in touch with a local retailer to see if they could and they still haven't came out, I'm currently waiting on them. But finally I found someone I knew through a family member who does dish installation part time to come out. He cam out one day and looked around and said that I could get a signal for sure, that I would just have to put it on a pole farther back in my back yard. FINE! So we set it up through where he gets his equipment from and I gave him my information and waited a few days because he said it has to build my account. FINE! He called me today and OF COURSE said that Dish denied my account. Someone please tell me why this is. I called Dish after learning this information and the CSR said that just because the guy that came out and could get a line of sight, doesn't guarantee anything to DISH. I asked if there was any way it could be changed, and he said "unfortunately Dish network is not available at your address at this time" I just laughed and hung up. To me, that makes absolutely no sense, because if I'm the one signing the contract and paying the money, how are they at a loss at all? If any of this is unclear, I will gladly fill in the gaps to those who don't understand. But, has anyone else ever heard of this happening?? To me, it looks like they would want any new customers that they could get. Is it just time for me to give up?

I'm flabbergasted. Someone help me figure this out.

Could it be a credit problem? They should have told you if that were the case but anything is possible.

They're clamping down on credit in the last year or a little more. You might want to look into that angle to make sure that's not the issue.

If it were credit related then theoretically the CSR was right when she said "it wasn't available at your address at this time" :)

IF that was the case. As I really don't belive it, because I have seen DIsh setup an install date 4, 5, 6 times after we have NLOS a job because the customer refuses to take no for an answer.

What I would belive is that DIsh declined you for credit, But I don't know that is the case. If your friend can get you service, all he has to do is setup a new account. All you need to do is change the address some and use a different phone number.

Something like this.

Pone # 123-456-7899
Joe Smith
123 Anywhere ln
Someplace, Tn 45678

To
Phone # 123-456-7889
Joe Smith
123 Anywhere Ln #1
Someplace, Tn 45678

It's possible that the original built account hasn't been cancelled so your local guy can't build an account because of the duplicate account. Call DISH and make sure they have you completely cancelled as a new/potential customer. Then try to have the local guy build the account for you. You could also have him contact his account rep at Dish to find out why you weren't accepted.

Credit could be an issue as well. I've seen customers who couldn't get approved when the local retailer ran their information but then they call DISH directly and lo and behold, DISH approves them. I guess the credit qualifications can be different when DISH doesn't have to shell out several hundred dollars in commissions to a retailer.

He wouldn't have gotten very far, let alone have an installer out attempting to set things up, if credit was the problem.

He wouldn't have gotten very far, let alone have an installer out attempting to set things up, if credit was the problem.

Exactly. I gave the other guy that said I could get a signal the same exact information that DISH approved before they came out to do the install. I'm 99.9% positive that credit is not the problem. I'm just having a really hard time figuring this thing out. I've sent an email to ceo@echostar.com, so we'll see what that will get me. Anyhow, if someone can chime in with anything similar, please do so. I'd be glad to field it. Anything helps at this point. I'm close to giving up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)