Has anyone got U.S channels on Ciel 2 Satellite 129W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Johnson114

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 18, 2012
75
0
I have seen Ciel 2 Satellite on Lyngsat and few Satellites that transmits U.S channels some of them are encrypted can I get some of them on my KU Band and my Lnb is a Quad Universal Lnb and a Openbox S10 HD receiver which I just installed yesterday. I stopped due to rain yesterday in my area. I am thinking of trying to get the Satellite. Does anyone tried the Satellite.
 

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
299
47
Mankato, MN
correct. 129W is a Dish satellite and everything is encrypted (even the "you have a dish at 129" slate)
 

Johnson114

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 18, 2012
75
0
Iceberg said:
correct. 129W is a Dish satellite and everything is encrypted (even the "you have a dish at 129" slate)

Sometimes it says Dish Network and sometimes I just see a lot of U.S Local channel and cable channels. Is there any Satellite that transmits U.S Channels if you have any idea I will really appreciate it.
 

Johnson114

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 18, 2012
75
0
freezy said:
what type of dish do you have?

Aim it at 125w, 97w or 83w and enjoy

I have a 87cm dish. I have already got 97w. I just lost the signal after changing my standard Lnb to universal Lnb. I will get it fixed later tomorrow. I am just trying to get U.S channels instead of international channels if possible. I might try 83w and 125w.
 

KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
26,141
6,378
EM75xb
Yeah no real need for a universal in the US. However did you change the settings in your receiver, so that it knew you switched to a universal?
 

Johnson114

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 18, 2012
75
0
ke4est said:
Yeah no real need for a universal in the US. However did you change the settings in your receiver, so that it knew you switched to a universal?

Yes I changed the Lnb settings to universal. The new Lnb is HD ready that's why a got it because of the new Openbox S10 HD receiver so that I can get HD channels if available.
 

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
299
47
Mankato, MN
no such thing as a "HD ready" LNB

I have had the same LNB on my setup for 6 years now...long before HD was "the thing" and it still works fine
 

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 26, 2006
4,575
4
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
Yes I changed the Lnb settings to universal. The new Lnb is HD ready that's why a got it because of the new Openbox S10 HD receiver so that I can get HD channels if available.

no such thing as a "HD ready" LNB

I have had the same LNB on my setup for 6 years now...long before HD was "the thing" and it still works fine

Yep!

No such thing as an "HD LNBF" or an "HD DISH". It's all processed in the IRD (the receiver). It's kind of a misleading terminology as the pay provider installers refer to it that way.
The equipment (outdoors) such as the dish and the LNBF aren't any different electronically to make them compatible with HD signals. What they are referring to is sort of a "package" deal. The pay providers have older satellite options that were originally soley standard definition but today are more likely to be a combination of HD and SD signals. They also have new sats which are soley dedicated to HD signals. When they refer to a dish or an LNB as being HD compatible, what they really mean is that they have a dish and LNBF system that is designed to be AIMED at one of their dedicated HD satellites. The overall dish and the electronics of the outdoor components are basically the same as the SD stuff.

For example, the main DN sats were 110 and 119 which were originally just standard definition signals. Then they added 129 and started putting some HD signals there first. SO, their first so called HD dish was one that could aim at 110, 119 and 129. All they did was redesign the geometry of the dish so that you could aim it and get all three satellites, including the HD channels from 129. The electronics were just the same, but they kinda hyped it as an HD dish because it was designed to pull in the sat that had the HD signals.
It is nothing more than a marketing ploy. It just sounds better to a consumer to be offered a "HD dish" than to say that its a modified dish.

Please pardon me if I don't have the specifics regarding which satellite (for DN anyway) started broadcasting HD signals first. I wasn't trying to be accurate in that regard. The major point was how the marketing of the dishes and LNBFs led to the misinterpretation that something was specifically different in regards to HD vs SD signals.

RADAR
 

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
299
47
Mankato, MN
Gordy I'll correct you just a smidge

Dish actually had HD on 110. That is when the only HD signals were ESPN HD, TNT HD, HDNET, HDNET Movies and I want to say TNT HD in MPEG2. When they really started launching HD then they brought 61.5 & 129 in the mix
 

Johnson114

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 18, 2012
75
0
AcWxRadar said:
Yep!

No such thing as an "HD LNBF" or an "HD DISH". It's all processed in the IRD (the receiver). It's kind of a misleading terminology as the pay provider installers refer to it that way.
The equipment (outdoors) such as the dish and the LNBF aren't any different electronically to make them compatible with HD signals. What they are referring to is sort of a "package" deal. The pay providers have older satellite options that were originally soley standard definition but today are more likely to be a combination of HD and SD signals. They also have new sats which are soley dedicated to HD signals. When they refer to a dish or an LNB as being HD compatible, what they really mean is that they have a dish and LNBF system that is designed to be AIMED at one of their dedicated HD satellites. The overall dish and the electronics of the outdoor components are basically the same as the SD stuff.

For example, the main DN sats were 110 and 119 which were originally just standard definition signals. Then they added 129 and started putting some HD signals there first. SO, their first so called HD dish was one that could aim at 110, 119 and 129. All they did was redesign the geometry of the dish so that you could aim it and get all three satellites, including the HD channels from 129. The electronics were just the same, but they kinda hyped it as an HD dish because it was designed to pull in the sat that had the HD signals.
It is nothing more than a marketing ploy. It just sounds better to a consumer to be offered a "HD dish" than to say that its a modified dish.

Please pardon me if I don't have the specifics regarding which satellite (for DN anyway) started broadcasting HD signals first. I wasn't trying to be accurate in that regard. The major point was how the marketing of the dishes and LNBFs led to the misinterpretation that something was specifically different in regards to HD vs SD signals.

RADAR

Iceberg said:
Gordy I'll correct you just a smidge

Dish actually had HD on 110. That is when the only HD signals were ESPN HD, TNT HD, HDNET, HDNET Movies and I want to say TNT HD in MPEG2. When they really started launching HD then they brought 61.5 & 129 in the mix

Thanx guys for your response. I am still a newbie in this FTA Satellite thing. Thats why I'm asking all these questions. The Quad Lnb I actually needed it for my additional Tv. I was told that i should checkout two satellites 83w and 125w for U.S channels I hope it works. I appreciate all your advices, I guess before I buy and additional equipments I will ask you guys before buying it. If you guys know any other Satellite that I could get a U.S Channel please feel free to post it on the thread.
 

oblio

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 24, 2011
92
0
the cloud
If you guys know any other Satellite that I could get a U.S Channel please feel free to post it on the thread.

There are numerous FTA sat and channel lists online including at the top of this forum and on lyngsat.com among others. Do a little googling and you will get your own answer quickest.
 

freezy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 19, 2009
959
0
Land of Sky Blue Water
Don't scare the newbies with specifications. And please look at post count and quote both spacecraft and geo-position. Most of everybody is doing this and it really helps the new people
 

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 26, 2006
4,575
4
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
Gordy I'll correct you just a smidge

Dish actually had HD on 110. That is when the only HD signals were ESPN HD, TNT HD, HDNET, HDNET Movies and I want to say TNT HD in MPEG2. When they really started launching HD then they brought 61.5 & 129 in the mix

Yes, that was roughly my thinking as well. I was simply concentrating on the "misnomer" regarding the HD vs SD stuff and how others percieve that you must have special equipment to get HD signals. I just couldn't recall which sat DN developed first as their "major" HD sat. I thought 129 was the first major HD sat for them (even though they may have already had HD signals on 110). Seems to me that DN touted specific sats as being HD sats.

I think it was when they sort of decided to put the bulk of the HD channels on one particular sat and began advertising the equipment that could receive 110/119/129 or 110/119/61.5 and referring to the equipment as HD capable that the general consumer started to think that there was something special about the equipment. We knew and understood that it was just a matter of a dish being designed to pull in more than than just the two old DN mainstay sats (110/119).

RADAR
 
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Top