I need help with positioning my dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Johnson114

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
Hello my fellow peps, I'm back again. Unfortunately when I changed my standard Lnb for the new universal quad Lnb I installed on Saturday. I lost my signal on galaxy 19. I tried today to get the location but no success. I decided to change the position to 125w. The satellite director app on my phone points to the location but i think my pole shifted because of heavy rain. I tried to stabilize the pole but just got frustrated and left once it started raining. My question is do I have to change the dish elevation everytime I change to another satellite even when i use a motor? I am thinking of getting a motor to make it easier for me. Any suggestions?

Johnson,

When setting up a motorized dish, once you have the reference angles set up you never need to readjust them unless a storm or some teenager drives over the dish.

Please read through this tutorial. I know it is lengthy, but you need nearly every bit of the information contained within. Be patient and read it all several times and digest it well. It will do you a world of justice, I assure you. Heck, I wrote it.... It has to be good! Ha Ha :)

http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-faqs/190527-how-set-up-motorized-ku-band.html

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)