Has anyone had a non-standard configuration install yet?

navychop

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Ziptied said:
......I was able to cofigure "non-standard" set-ups (1H/0J, 2H/0J, 2H/1J) with no problems.

Thank you. When/if the time comes 2H/0J is my likely configuration.

B

Boonedocks

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jun 19, 2009
There is a lot of talk about 2 Hoppers being integrated (software wise) to appear as one big DVR and 6 tuners down the road. Will a 3 Hopper setup be the same? HUGE DVR and 9 tuners available without having to switch between nodes or networks or selecting on each Joey?

S

sparc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 24, 2006
There is a lot of talk about 2 Hoppers being integrated (software wise) to appear as one big DVR and 6 tuners down the road. Will a 3 Hopper setup be the same? HUGE DVR and 9 tuners available without having to switch between nodes or networks or selecting on each Joey?
nope, since the 2 hoppers will be separate from 1 hopper as there will be two nodes.

I guess theoretically you could even install this on three solo nodes, but i'm guessing you're using one duo and one solo.

confirmed here via DIRT: http://www.satelliteguys.us/hopper-zone/280552-3-hoppers-9-joeys-new-maximum.html

K

kwindrem

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 5, 2006
nope, since the 2 hoppers will be separate from 1 hopper as there will be two nodes.

I guess theoretically you could even install this on three solo nodes, but i'm guessing you're using one duo and one solo.

confirmed here via DIRT: http://www.satelliteguys.us/hopper-zone/280552-3-hoppers-9-joeys-new-maximum.html
No such luck. There is no way to cable three Hoppers together. One needs to be on a separate node. The reason is that the dual node only has 3 satellite inputs and would only support 6 tuners, plus there are only two Hopper outputs from the node.

I suppose it's possible to create a triple node but that's not on the horizon as far as we know.

digiblur

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 8, 2005
Louisiana
No such luck. There is no way to cable three Hoppers together. One needs to be on a separate node. The reason is that the dual node only has 3 satellite inputs and would only support 6 tuners, plus there are only two Hopper outputs from the node.

I suppose it's possible to create a triple node but that's not on the horizon as far as we know.

If they were smart they would look at other technology that was done over 2 yrs ago and figure out how just to easily get 9 tuners down one coax cable. No need for the dual solo trio nonsense then. Seems like it would save costs as pretty much one size would almost fit all.

Y

Y2J

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Apr 7, 2012
US
Thank you. When/if the time comes 2H/0J is my likely configuration.

Good luck getting that done. It is mission impossible! If you want to upgrade to 2 DVRs, your only option is switching to DirecTV which I'm going to have to do soon.

navychop

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Y2J said:
Good luck getting that done. It is mission impossible! If you want to upgrade to 2 DVRs, your only option is switching to DirecTV which I'm going to have to do soon.

People have done it. When/if the time comes, I may go to a local retailer to get the job done. 2h/0j.