Has anyone had a non-standard configuration install yet?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Ziptied said:
......I was able to cofigure "non-standard" set-ups (1H/0J, 2H/0J, 2H/1J) with no problems.

Thank you. When/if the time comes 2H/0J is my likely configuration.

There is a lot of talk about 2 Hoppers being integrated (software wise) to appear as one big DVR and 6 tuners down the road. Will a 3 Hopper setup be the same? HUGE DVR and 9 tuners available without having to switch between nodes or networks or selecting on each Joey?

There is a lot of talk about 2 Hoppers being integrated (software wise) to appear as one big DVR and 6 tuners down the road. Will a 3 Hopper setup be the same? HUGE DVR and 9 tuners available without having to switch between nodes or networks or selecting on each Joey?
nope, since the 2 hoppers will be separate from 1 hopper as there will be two nodes.

I guess theoretically you could even install this on three solo nodes, but i'm guessing you're using one duo and one solo.

confirmed here via DIRT: http://www.satelliteguys.us/hopper-zone/280552-3-hoppers-9-joeys-new-maximum.html

nope, since the 2 hoppers will be separate from 1 hopper as there will be two nodes.

I guess theoretically you could even install this on three solo nodes, but i'm guessing you're using one duo and one solo.

confirmed here via DIRT: http://www.satelliteguys.us/hopper-zone/280552-3-hoppers-9-joeys-new-maximum.html
No such luck. There is no way to cable three Hoppers together. One needs to be on a separate node. The reason is that the dual node only has 3 satellite inputs and would only support 6 tuners, plus there are only two Hopper outputs from the node.

I suppose it's possible to create a triple node but that's not on the horizon as far as we know.

No such luck. There is no way to cable three Hoppers together. One needs to be on a separate node. The reason is that the dual node only has 3 satellite inputs and would only support 6 tuners, plus there are only two Hopper outputs from the node.

I suppose it's possible to create a triple node but that's not on the horizon as far as we know.

If they were smart they would look at other technology that was done over 2 yrs ago and figure out how just to easily get 9 tuners down one coax cable. No need for the dual solo trio nonsense then. Seems like it would save costs as pretty much one size would almost fit all.

Thank you. When/if the time comes 2H/0J is my likely configuration.

Good luck getting that done. It is mission impossible! If you want to upgrade to 2 DVRs, your only option is switching to DirecTV which I'm going to have to do soon.

Y2J said:
Good luck getting that done. It is mission impossible! If you want to upgrade to 2 DVRs, your only option is switching to DirecTV which I'm going to have to do soon.

People have done it. When/if the time comes, I may go to a local retailer to get the job done. 2h/0j.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)