Has anyone received the $200 rebate yet?

mr_snerdly

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 17, 2005
I upgraded to a 622 receiver on April 1st. I returned my 942 later that week and E* receieved it shortly thereafter. I was told by E* that I would receive a $200 credit on my bill as soon as they receive the 942. That didn't happen on the last statement and the CSR told me that it will appear on the next billing statement. Well, my current statement doesn't show it either, so I called and talked to tech support and they told me it will take 6-8 weeks to get the credit. Has this been the case for the rest of you?

E* demands our payements on time, I think they should return the courtesy. I am getting tired of explaining to them the rules of their promotions. They tried to charge me $59 last month in addition to the $300 I already paid for the upgrade. I don't want to get screwed out of a $200 credit that is rightfully owed me because they are crooked, or just stupid.

7 years ago, you would never be treated like this by E*. Does anyone have any comments or advice?

My install was 4/22 and I mailed back my 921 the following week. I checked my on-line bill yesterday (5/10) and looked at "recent activity" and the $200 credit is there. I also returned an older receiver that was supposed to get another $25 credit but that has not shown up yet. Both receivers were mailed back the same day.

Lou

Now they are saying I had to fill out a rebate form in addition to sending back the 942. Did you guys do this? All I got was a box to send the 942 back in.

mr_snerdly said:
Now they are saying I had to fill out a rebate form in addition to sending back the 942. Did you guys do this?...
No, that doesn't sound right at all.

Scott mentioned, here, that the rebate could take 6-8 weeks to process. However, that wasn't my experience... I mailed my 942 back on 4/18/06, my account was credited for 4/27/06 (that was the day UPS tracking indicated that the 942 was delivered), and my account was updated (online) on 4/28/06.

E* received my returned 921 on 4/20. I have not received a credit yet. When I ordered a 2nd 622, The CSR gave me a RA#. I did not get one for the 1st return. The CSR said that should not be a problem. However, the rebate might take longer. Did those of you who got a quick rebate, have an RA#?

Tech Support said it should show up on my June statement. E* received the 942 on Aprill 11, so that is a month ago. However, Scott did say it may take 6-8 weeks, so I guess I will just have to keep waiting. Too bad I wasn't one of the lucky ones who was processed faster. I have no idea why my 942 would take over a month to test, and others would only take a matter of days.

odbrv said:
E* received my returned 921 on 4/20. I have not received a credit yet. When I ordered a 2nd 622, The CSR gave me a RA#. I did not get one for the 1st return. The CSR said that should not be a problem. However, the rebate might take longer. Did those of you who got a quick rebate, have an RA#?

No.

odbrv said:
Yes, I got an RA# when I placed the upgrade order on 4/6/06.

Overall, I was very lucky and ended up with an excellent experience; less than 1 week to receive and install the 622 and about 3 weeks, from the initial order date, to complete the rebate process.

I sent me 942 back on a Mon, and the credit was on my account online by Fri. I'm not sure when it actually got delivered, but it was fast none the less. I didn't fill any forms out, it looked like the UPS label that was included already had any info they needed about me on it. It was a good experience as far as the upgrade goes for me.

Just checked my bill..

One 921 is credited for $200. The other only $25. Gotta call them. Better double check if you upgraded multiple boxes.

I sent in my 921s and 942 last Wendesday. As of yesterday, all the credit have been posted on my account :)

Mine was credited the day shipment tracking said it was returned. I received the RA in one of three boxes (only one needed, but that's another strory) that was sent me.

Have you checked to see if you were credited on your bill looking online (tv or internet?) They will not even send you a bill when they owe you money.

Finally paid

odbrv said:

I sent the following e-mail on 6-1 to CEO@echostar.com:
"My account # is ----------. I returned a 921 on 4-17-06. According to UPS tracking( ------ ) it arrived at your EL Paso, Texas facility on 4-20-06.I still have not received my $200 rebate. This is more than 4-6 weeks mentioned on the Frequently asked Questions that came with the empty box. I have just returned a second 921 (----). It should arrive in El Paso today. I hope it will not take as long to receive its rebate. Please let me know the current status of my rebates."

Within 2 hours of sending the e-mail I received a call from E*'s executive offices. They apologized for the delay and said the rebate would be credited within 48 hours. They also said they would watch my 2nd rebate's progress.

The rebate hit my account in 36 hours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts