Has Anyone Received Their 211 by UPS ?

cforrest said:
211 comes out to 9lbs in the box, per my UPS sticker on my replacement 211 I received last night.

might have to add weight for cables and papers since mine is not a replacement 211 but one used for dishn' it up

stuart628 said:
might have to add weight for cables and papers since mine is not a replacement 211 but one used for dishn' it up

You know, I thought about that after I posted. You are probably correct, remote and cables will add a lb, if not 2 lbs. :)

Just a suggestion to those getting 211s today. Choose HD Tech Support instead of the normal activation dept. You'll save yourself some time.

maybe we can make this a master 211/411 thread for those who have ordered and are getting it activated, and thanks MDonnely I will have to remember that Monday night! perdue check back in and let us know what you think!

The CSR I talked to immediately transferred me to HD Tech Support when I called in. Total hold time was less than 1 minute! The HD TS person walked through everything without a problem. Smoothest upgrade I've ever done with Dish.

So far everything looks good except that I no longer have local channel info from my OTA channels. What's up with that? I've got to setup my favorites and stuff now. I'll report back when it's all done.

mperdue said:
So far everything looks good except that I no longer have local channel info from my OTA channels. What's up with that? I've got to setup my favorites and stuff now. I'll report back when it's all done.
You'll have to Scan Digital in the Local Channels menu to get your local OTA back.

Another thing: the default HD resolution on the 211 out of the box is 480p, so go set that to 1080i/720p, depending on your set.

mdonnelly said:
You'll have to Scan Digital in the Local Channels menu to get your local OTA back.

Another thing: the default HD resolution on the 211 out of the box is 480p, so go set that to 1080i/720p, depending on your set.
I scanned the channels and they show up in the program guide but there's no program information like I got with the 811's. I did a reset so the program guide would download again, but still no info on the local channels...

I did notice that the rez needed to be set for HD.

mperdue said:
I scanned the channels and they show up in the program guide but there's no program information like I got with the 811's. I did a reset so the program guide would download again, but still no info on the local channels...
Other threads have stated that you need to sub to Dish locals for OTA EPG data on the vip211, like the 942/921. I still sub to locals for my last 311, so it's there for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)