Has anyone tested the DMS BSC621-2D on their mini bud??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
According to the DMS page re: BSC621-2D

Code:
"This unique LNBF provides great performance on smaller dishes as well as large dishes.  If you are doing the C-band on a HOTDISH90 project and would like to have Ku, try this LNBF"

Wonder how good it works with KU band on a 1.2m as we all know that the other C/Ku models don't receive both signals at the same time without tweaking it.

Perhaps this one can get both C/Ku working fine on smaller dishes.
Anyone tested on yet??

BSC621-2D Pictures

From what I seen its the 621 with no switch involved.

Looks **eerily** familiar to my C/K1 which is the LNB I tried on my 1.2m dish/conical scaler ring setup. C-Band kicked butt but really didnt try KU much

Sounds like marketing hype to me.
Unless they're offering 'em for $20 delivered, I'd go with the ones that have been shown to work right here on the forum.
- CK-1 from both Sadoun and SatelliteAV.
- DMX741 from WSI Atlanta.

just talking' Ku; all work on C-band:

Hard to find a side-by-side comparison.

With careful tuning the CK-1 works well.
The DMX741 has a less tapered barrel, so mechanically it might be easier to tweak in.
Both can do quite well, once centered on a proper dish.
However, the adjustment is critical, and some don't have the patience.

I don't have a BSC621, nor do I know anyone with both that and a Ck-1 or DMX741.
The Ck-1 has been reviewed, and the DMX741 has been compared to it (either publically or in private).

But for ease of alignment, I believe the co-rotor or orthomode feeds light up on Ku without all the trouble of the three new LNBF's.

edit:
I'm still trying to figure out an alternative to an Ortho, to give me dual band support for multiple receivers.
I've even given some thought to bandstacked, but that's a heck of a challenge, too. :)

does the dmx 741 do any better on ku than the 621?
Yes, to me at least. I've used both. Alot does have to do with Dish Alignment and Condidtion. I'm not pegging the meter, hard to do on the AZBox, but works well for me.As far as I know, I'm able to lock everything that's posted, and my Blind Scans seem good.

I have a 621 and it really sucks on ku compared to the corotor II on my 10'.
So will the DMX741, probably.
This is my opinion: If a cheap $50 C/Ku Combo LNBF performed as well as, or even close to, a CoRotor style Feed, you would see some changes in the CoRotor styled units.

Hard to find a side-by-side comparison.

With careful tuning the CK-1 works well.
The DMX741 has a less tapered barrel, so mechanically it might be easier to tweak in.
Both can do quite well, once centered on a proper dish.
However, the adjustment is critical, and some don't have the patience.

I don't have a BSC621, nor do I know anyone with both that and a Ck-1 or DMX741.
The Ck-1 has been reviewed, and the DMX741 has been compared to it (either publically or in private).

But for ease of alignment, I believe the co-rotor or orthomode feeds light up on Ku without all the trouble of the three new LNBF's.

edit:
I'm still trying to figure out an alternative to an Ortho, to give me dual band support for multiple receivers.
I've even given some thought to bandstacked, but that's a heck of a challenge, too. :)

Here is a link to a post that I made last year regarding LNBF and feedhorn/LNB designs.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-satellite-discussion/155426-satavs-c-ku-lnb-questions.html#post1596796

The GEOSATpro CK1 was the first combined C and KU band LNBF to be introduced to the North American market. We carefully chose our product after testing multiple manufacturers and have stated from day one that it is simply: Performance vs operator needs.

perhaps I worded that badly:

... but do you have a BSC621, and either the Ck-1 or DMX741?
I know lots of folks with both the Ck-1 and the DMX741. - :D
Seems many who tried the BSC621 were burned badly enough to never try anything similar. :rolleyes:

I have a 621 on my 7.5 dish. It works ok and better after I cut off about 1/4" of the feed horn, maybe this helped adjust it to my dish better. Over all its preformed pretty good.

Would like to try out the GeoSatPro some day. Seems like most of the GeoSatPro products are very high quality also. The build of most their gear and dishes seems to be a bit sturdier.

I got the new 621 2D. The KU side is a universal LNB. I tested it on my 7.5 foot dish and the old 621 worked far better on KU and this is after spending most all day with it. This could be just my setup. For me I am Back to running the old 621 now and the 2D is on the shelf.

Also tried it on a small dish setup, 90cm Hot Dish I could get the strong C band signals and then they were weak. The KU did work but the signal levels were pretty low. This is with a conical scaler ring.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts